The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Seismic audio Studio Monitors
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Seismic audio

Does anyone know anything on the powered seismic audio monitors? Upgrading my mains and want decent monitors that wont blow the bank apart. Need to know what they can handle and if they sound decent.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsinjoker View Post
Does anyone know anything on the powered seismic audio monitors? Upgrading my mains and want decent monitors that wont blow the bank apart. Need to know what they can handle and if they sound decent.
Seismic is the absolute bottom of the barrel. Any money you spend on them is wasted. Period.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

My buddy has their powered 15 coax that he uses to beat around. They sound ok for a cheap monitor. Construction is decent for the price and better than their other offerings I’ve seen. They use cheap components and the tops that I’ve heard especially when pushed, almost sound like they are sucking air in instead of pushing it out.

That said, I agree with Wyllys. They are cheap and usually don’t last when demand is needed. I’d buy something better that is used if you can.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sants View Post
My buddy has their powered 15 coax that he uses to beat around. They sound ok for a cheap monitor. Construction is decent for the price and better than their other offerings I’ve seen. They use cheap components and the tops that I’ve heard especially when pushed, almost sound like they are sucking air in instead of pushing it out.
The coax's were Okay and they held up. not the best selling. only thing i like from these guys is their snakes if you're not abusing them.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

This actually helps alot. I felt iffy on them already and this confirms my suspicion. Last thing, how do you feel about the behringer eurolive monitors? Or do you have any recommendations for powered monitors that wont blow a whole in my wallet?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This actually helps alot. I felt iffy on them already and this confirms my suspicion. Last thing, how do you feel about the behringer eurolive monitors? Or do you have any recommendations for powered monitors that wont blow a whole in my wallet?
Best bang for the buck is a couple of good passive wedges and an amp. If you're within reasonable distance from Duluth, PM me and I'll set you up. Selling of the inventory from my sound company piece by piece after retiring.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
The Cerwin Vega P1000X priced at PSSL @ $249, and half the price of what it's been priced for a long time, seems like a good deal. 3 yr warranty, pretty robust input section, good SPL. I have no experience with them, just going off the specs and price point they've been at for the last several years and where that sits with comparable priced speakers.

Cerwin Vega P1000X 10-Inch 2-Way 1500W Powered Speaker | PSSL
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Is Certainly Vague still around ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Not sure where you are in Wisconsin.

Craigslist has several entry level monitors listed.

I saw four JBL JRX 12" passive boxes under Two Rivers for 250.00 for all four.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Financially a deal, but JBL should never have released the JRX's. They just don't sound good.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You are almost just as well to get Kustom. I Think the EV ZLX's have been marked down and are a really good deal. The Turbo sound stuff is pretty good. And QSC just released a budget line. I had some SA coaxial wedges. I think they were birchwood so both kinda pricey and heavy. They were there top stuff. Not bad.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I have no desire to run passive anything. Powered gear makes my life easy. I intend to get higher quality monitors but being that i am upgrading all my FOH this year i can't go full bore on monitors yet. I don't hate the kustom monitors, however they have a tenancy to be a bit crisp and lacking in the bass department.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
I have no desire to run passive anything. Powered gear makes my life easy. I intend to get higher quality monitors but being that i am upgrading all my FOH this year i can't go full bore on monitors yet. I don't hate the kustom monitors, however they have a tenancy to be a bit crisp and lacking in the bass department.
In my experience, you don't need much bass from monitors at all. The performers are already feeling plenty of low end from FOH. I think Kustom would be a good choice on a tight budget.

I agree with what others have said, steer clear of seismic for monitors. My band bought a set in high school because it was all we could afford. Never again.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search