The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
One guitar player, sounds like two Multi-Effects Processors (HW)
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

One guitar player, sounds like two

YouTube

Music starts @ :55

This is not the first time I have heard this, but I have always been curious.

I am pretty sure there is no 2nd guitar player backstage. I know that some acts do that, but I really don't think that's the case here.

I am wondering how they do this. Do they split the signal, and delay one side a bit? And does it sound like that in the arena, or is it the recording only?
Old 9th April 2019
Lives for gear

are you familiar with eventide?
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Guru

a whole heap of gear potentially. eventide for thickening the sound but then there is spreading and probably some delay on left right. could be at least one pair of amps. maybe variacs for sag. there is some other guitar going on which you can hear under the solo's. so could be a second guitarist with a similar setup. otherwise it would be on backing I expect. the guitar has a floyd tremolo and the guitar is tuned down to D standard I believe.

Last edited by Muser; 9th April 2019 at 05:32 PM..
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
are you familiar with eventide?
I'm curious, what is it that Eventide algorithm is doing? I've played with the Eclipse, but which unit does this the best? I am in the middle of a recording project with only one gtr track per song, so this would be wonderful to use.

It really sounds great - as in, it doesn't sound like a slap back. So what then, mult the gtr? Send one out to an amp, the other to the eventide? Then, output the stereo eventide to two more amps? Pan 'em around?
Old 11th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by camacozie View Post
I'm curious, what is it that Eventide algorithm is doing? I've played with the Eclipse, but which unit does this the best? I am in the middle of a recording project with only one gtr track per song, so this would be wonderful to use.

It really sounds great - as in, it doesn't sound like a slap back. So what then, mult the gtr? Send one out to an amp, the other to the eventide? Then, output the stereo eventide to two more amps? Pan 'em around?
the smartest setups i've seen (evh and many, many others) use a center channel with no efx, use the efx send (post preamp/eq) to go into the eventide and its stereo outputs to two additional combos/stacks.

eventide has a looong history of great devices: i'm mostly using two h3500 for guitars, one set to do just a few cents of dynamic pitch modulation/very short delays to widen the stereo image and the other one to add whatever efx is needed (ducking delays, pitch shifters etc.)

orville/h8000 allow for more i/o's and even more sophisticated processing (various threads here on gz) and then there is the new h9000...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search