The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Crown 4x3500hd temperature Studio Monitors
Old 8th April 2019
Here for the gear

Crown 4x3500hd temperature

Hello,
What is a normal temperature for amplifier Crown i-Tech 4x3500hd. I drive 4 speakers 8 ohm. Audio signal is not loud but temperature in 10-15 minutes is 58-59 degrees. Is it normal?
Thank you
Old 8th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalamov_V View Post
Hello,
What is a normal temperature for amplifier Crown i-Tech 4x3500hd. I drive 4 speakers 8 ohm. Audio signal is not loud but temperature in 10-15 minutes is 58-59 degrees. Is it normal?
Thank you
Is that Celsius or Fahrenheit? Makes a HUGE Difference. How are your speakers connected? Lots of questions. Please elaborate...on your setup.
Old 8th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Is that Celsius or Fahrenheit? Makes a HUGE Difference. How are your speakers connected? Lots of questions. Please elaborate...on your setup.
Hello. It is Celsius. All speakers are jbl srx835. 8 ohm. 4 channels - 4 speakers.
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Itechs can run quite hot, even when idling or barely running nominally light loads. You really need to monitor the temperature in Audio Architect, Performance Manager etc, rather than via the amp screen.

Is this the same query about the same thing that appeared over and over on PSW forum?

If not, someone asked the exact same thing there recently, got lots of helpful information from folks experienced in this area, but seemed rather reluctant to accept actual answers!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sometimes its best to get it straight from the horses mouth.
Contact Crown and ask them.
[email protected].
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Problem could in part be a ventilation issue.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Sometimes the "horse's mouth" is of little use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sound Guy View Post
Sometimes its best to get it straight from the horses mouth.
Contact Crown and ask them.
[email protected].

I have called Crown (since their move down south) and have found that their support is spotty IMO.

In my experience, I found that the young tech support associate that I spoke with (in Texas?) had very little experience with the unit that I had in question (IT5000HD)....which was a product currently in production.

It seemed that as I was asking questions, he was reading answers from a screen...or so it felt like.
I finally asked him: have you ever worked with one? His answer: "no, but what I know (what I am reading off the screen...) is blah blah blah...

I personally feel that getting information from those with "real life experience with a particular product in the field.." carries more merit than a spec reader (who is probably working from home in a remote location)......just my opinion.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search