The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mackie 32.8.2 sound board Mixers (Digital)
Old 2nd April 2019
Here for the gear

Mackie 32.8.2 sound board

Have an opportunity to get this board for a small theatre/ auditorium. Low hours used under 600 bucks. Good deal or no. Small budget in a small town. Need advice. Have old 24 channel Peavy that is slowly dying.
Old 3rd April 2019
Lives for gear
What kind of productions do you do, how many channels and auxes do you need, do you have any outboard?
Mackie 8 bus isn't really designed for live sound and they are getting old.
I'd rather get a used Yamaha 01V96.
If you have all the necessary outboard and really want an analog desk, get something that was designed for live sound, sounds good and isn't to hard to fix. Maybe a Soundcraft or something, although if you are doing theatrical productions, you'll probably want a digital desk.
Old 4th April 2019
Here for the gear

Mackie 32.8.2

Problem with going digital, no money. Need 32 channel as we are using stage mics and lapel mics for musicals and regular plays. Our Peavey is dying slowly. I would go digital if we had a few grand to blow to upgrade everything. Not sure what to do. Guy dropped price to 400 bucks. Do I take it and run or keep searching?
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear

$400 is a more realistic price; $600 was no great deal at all IMHO.

For around $600ish, plus shipping if you aren't local or can't make a road trip, there are decidedly better analog mixers available if you look around, things like A&H GL2800s and Midas Venices and Soundcraft GB8s and so forth. Many places are upgrading to digital and selling their old equipment, so it's rather a buyer's market for used analog mixers at the moment.
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore G View Post
Problem with going digital, no money. Need 32 channel as we are using stage mics and lapel mics for musicals and regular plays. Our Peavey is dying slowly. I would go digital if we had a few grand to blow to upgrade everything. Not sure what to do. Guy dropped price to 400 bucks. Do I take it and run or keep searching?
Behringer XR18
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore G View Post
Problem with going digital, no money. Need 32 channel as we are using stage mics and lapel mics for musicals and regular plays.
With that Mackie, actually having 32 working channels might become your new hobby.
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear

I once owned a Mackie 8-Buss (32):

I think I payed 1200 bucks for it (used, with meter bridge) back in 2006, and kept it for about 5 years.

It was "okay", but it was a good thing I didn't need to pay a tech to keep it working. (Those ribbon cables).
I loaned it to a guy who disappeared with it, never to be seen again.

(I figure I got a pretty good deal.)
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear

You're in a small town, not a buyers market. Yeah, 32x8s go for around $400 in these parts. For the money, you would be hard pressed to a better console. Some good recommendations here...but they all cost more. I ran a Mackie for 25 years, not one problem.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyage.One View Post
Behringer XR18
Er, OP needs 32 channels...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search