The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need suggestions on small church loudspeaker selection Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamboom View Post
I suggest you add me to your own ignore list and we can let that be the end of it.
...says the guy who put me on his ignore list and then replied. You could have taken your own advice and let it end when you placed me on your ignore list but you neither ignored me nor let it end, so it seems we should do as you say, not as you do.

As to calling your qualifications into question, please provide a link to the actual post to which you refer rather than re-stating it in your own words.
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear

One word. BOSE.
Old 5th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllys View Post

As to calling your qualifications into question, please provide a link to the actual post to which you refer rather than re-stating it in your own words.
I would have, but you deleted your post.

Thank you however for deleting it.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEHARRIS View Post
Did I miss the answer to.....
How many microphones will be used
How the pastor will be miced
If treatment will be suggested for the chancel and nave

I’ll re-read in case I missed it
Probably about 6 to 8 mics.

Pastor's on a lav now, but I'll try to get him on a headworn.

Acoustics treatment will be in all versions of my proposals. I'm not sure how receptive they will be about it.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRAZZ View Post
One word. BOSE.
Yeah? You a big fan of Bose DJRAZZ? What Bose solution do you think might work in this situation?
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Nut

Wyllys, bambamboom... I was enjoying this thread and your input, but if you guys are going to fight, could you take it outside or something? I'd appreciate it if you'd both delete the parts of your replies not related to my original post.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
You haven't told us what system the venue currently has, where it's letting you down (other than feedback), and what improvement you aim to achieve.

You did mention that the pastor suffers from feedback with his crappy lapel mic. Spend $50 or less on a headset mic and you might find the experience transformed.

Alternatively, you could spend $20,000 on a top notch PA, but still keep the mics the same, and it'll still be disappointing on voice.

I've recently been supporting a church moving into temporary accommodation for 9 months during a building refit. They're now in a large school hall and a small meeting room. In both cases, we took the decision to use the existing (very poor PAs). By insisting that headset mics are used, we've actually ended up with better speech reproduction than we ever had in the much better equipped church, where they persisted in using lapel mics. Poor PA, but delivers highly against requirements by addressing the weakest points.

Thanks for this insight AlecSp. The headworn mic was definitely one of the first things that came to mind when I first took stock of the situation. I just sort of assumed the existing sound system would have to go (a pair of Carvin PM5 speakers on the walls in the front corners). But it might be worth while to see what they can do with different mics...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search