The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
OSC from DAW or timecode Analog Processors (HW)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

OSC from DAW or timecode

Anyone doing it.. i want to trigger changes on my board from my playback rig..
struggling to find a solution that doesnt involve me learning to programme
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Hi I’m Using Ableton for playback and looping. And I want to trigger changes on my mixing desk using osc during parts of the show. Like turn on and off insterts, change fader levels and other parameters such as effect types etc. I don’t have any programming knowledge so although there I found some solutions I can’t implement them.
Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Open sound control. It does many things midi does but more as well. It’s what most tablets/iPads use to remote control desk.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I am using Ableton as a playback device and for click for the band I want Ableton to trigger changes on my mixing desk. Midi won’t do it.

Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Set different scenes on you console for each song, use midi program changes. Or automate all you need to and sync it via MTC so the changes play back. Or record the midi out from the desk into Abelton, and have it play back the automation. MIDI does do it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Ok great I’ll look at it tomorrow. I have no idea how to go about this. Any good places to look
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What model mixer is it? They usually have a chapter or 2 on automation.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

X32 when I’m looking it up on line everyone is using sendosc and ml4 conneion tool kit. It’s not available anymore. I’ll do more digging thanks
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I don’t want to use the Hui or Mackie style controls as they will do pull all the setting from my session into my x32. That is not a suitable option when mixing live.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I can recommend you score ossia – Open Software System for Interactive Applications. I am working on a namespace for the M32 and X32, I hope to get done by February.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Cool that was suggested to me already. it looks like a step learning curve though. Whats an namespace. Is there an easy way to get started.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
It's not simple because the X32 is a cheap mixer that doesn't natively support timecode.
If you had a Digico SD, Yamaha PM5D, Studer Vista ... you could simply map console events to timecode positions.
With X32, OSC is more or less your only option.

If Ossia is too complex for you, Show Cue System might be work checking out. It can send OSC messages and the cues can be triggered by timecode (which the Live can generate). You can also use the SCS for playback and and maybe even ditch the Ableton. QLab should be also capable of doing that if you are on a Mac.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Lovely I’ll check it out tomorrow. I am live looping in Ableton and using some other features as well. Unfortunately I am locked to it as no other mainstream Will do what I need. just to be more awkward I will be running a separate session for each song in the set. which may cause issues with TC. Anyway I’ll look tomorrow thanks again
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_NIK View Post
Lovely I’ll check it out tomorrow. I am live looping in Ableton and using some other features as well. Unfortunately I am locked to it as no other mainstream Will do what I need. just to be more awkward I will be running a separate session for each song in the set. which may cause issues with TC. Anyway I’ll look tomorrow thanks again
FWIW you can also trigger the cues with normal midi events (Note ON/OFF, CC ...).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Show Cue System with midi sound like it might be the job. i already have some midi control tracks triggering stuff with the IAC drivers. thanks again
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Im on Mac im sure there is a mac alternative. ill look at Qlab maybe
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Yep that will do it. midi trigger Qlab to spit out OSC. Job done. Thank you very much.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

feck spoke too soon i can only send one command at a time
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search