The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pair of 10” over 12”subs or single pair of 15” tops? Studio Monitors
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
What are your thoughts on the Evox 8 vs going for the HD10's over the 702 sub (apparently this uses the same 12" sub as used with the Evox 8)?
My thoughts are as usual:

You're the one who makes the decision. You need to audition the gear.
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Addict

dickiefunk,

for many years I used EV SXA360 tops with EV SBA 750 subs for our smaller gigs. I bought them when they came out. I checked other speakers from time to time I couldn't see/hear improvements to the old EV system I used.

Beginning of this year I sold them and bought 2 Evox 8 and 2 small monitors for sidefill duties for the money I got.
All I can say it was never so easy to get a good sound. Those little speakers might not be perfect but they are great for what we do.We are a 6 piece acoustic band including drums and double bass.

They have a special or different sound compared to those little 12"/15" standard systems. For us clearly better, not so ear piercing, much smoother. Our audience love it. If you like that sound for your music and the power is sufficient you might have a winner.

Easy transportation and setup. 25 kg including sub, top, poles and bag. Like a dream.

Good luck with your search!
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

People need to understand that there is a direct relationship between a loudspeaker’s performance, size and weight especially where low frequency performance is concerned.

The walls of a loudspeaker box must be as stiff as possible for better efficiency and performance and this implies either very exotic construction
materials or more mass.

Stronger, stiffer construction also means a stronger box that will last longer. Don’t know why some people are stuck on louder.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search