The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stage Boxes with Direct Monitoring Audio Interfaces
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Stage Boxes with Direct Monitoring

Is there a stage box that allows you to pass an input to an output, or the mix, without going through ADC and DAC?

I'm turning a specific question into a general question. I'm thinking of using a stage box as an audio interface for my computer when I play with one of my bands. This would mean I get a good digital mixer for free, which I would use several times a year (we mostly gig at places with mixers, but there are exceptions and it would be nice to be able to control stuff from my phone or iPad).

BUT, I use the direct monitoring on my RME Babyface a lot.

The Behringer X-air xr18 does not allow it, it appears. But perhaps the MOTU, Presonus, A&H or other options do? If they do have it as an option, is it easy to do and does it work well? The manuals aren't always clear on this point and anyway real world experience is always better than manufacturer hype.

If not, I'll probably just stick with a computer interface. I use direct monitoring a lot for looping and sampling, and I like working that way.

Thanks. If this belongs in Music Computers, just let me know. Or mods can move it.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search