The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Turbosound M15 vs IQ15 PA Speakers & PA Management
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Turbosound M15 vs IQ15

Hi there

New to the forum. I am looking at getting a rig essentially for live bands and general outdoor sound.

I have 2 quotes from 2 different suppliers, with one suggesting the M15 tops and M18 subs, while the other suggests IQ15 tops and IQ18B subs,

What would you guys suggest? Is it just a case of each outlet pushing what they have in stock, or is there a reason for the difference?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredfalcon View Post
Hi there

New to the forum. I am looking at getting a rig essentially for live bands and general outdoor sound.

I have 2 quotes from 2 different suppliers, with one suggesting the M15 tops and M18 subs, while the other suggests IQ15 tops and IQ18B subs,

What would you guys suggest? Is it just a case of each outlet pushing what they have in stock, or is there a reason for the difference?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
It all depends on the area you want to cover and the sound level you want as well as any ambient sound you have to outrun.

Neither of these or any market-equivalent speakers are going to work beyond an area 75'x75'...and you'll be straining them to cover that as well as having no headroom to cope with stage wash from beamy amps.

And no, you can't just use "more of the same" to increase output. For that you need better speakers which means more expensive, higher output and more size/weight. You also have to consider how much power is available on site.

These are OK for indoor, but outdoors requires 2-4x the output to get comparable performance.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllys View Post
It all depends on the area you want to cover and the sound level you want as well as any ambient sound you have to outrun.

Neither of these or any market-equivalent speakers are going to work beyond an area 75'x75'...and you'll be straining them to cover that as well as having no headroom to cope with stage wash from beamy amps.

And no, you can't just use "more of the same" to increase output. For that you need better speakers which means more expensive, higher output and more size/weight. You also have to consider how much power is available on site.

These are OK for indoor, but outdoors requires 2-4x the output to get comparable performance.

Thanks for your reply.

The live bands are an extra "side show" to the main event I am covering so it would probably work, but if I was to look at better speakers, what should I be looking at? Let's say I go up to the next "price range". Roughly what would you suggest? Thanks in advance for your reply, time and knowledge.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

One of the local sound companies has a Turbosound IQ15 / IQ18B as their B-rig. They use this for small indoor and outdoor festivals and it is fine for the events they've used it at.
I did sound for an outdoor event last year in a car park with a which could hold around 600+ people. I was very surprised at how well my Yamaha DXR15 / QSC KW181 system did in that space!
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search