The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Qsc ks212c
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Qsc ks212c

Anyone used these yet?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Yes.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

How are they?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

They're good. But what are you looking for them to do? What environment? What type of music? Don't expect them to give you a lot of punch from a kick drum or your'll certainly blow them up. But they do give a nice low end to your setup. Make sure you have them well in front of your band to get any benefit from the cardioid setup.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

I've got a pair of ksubs and kw181, just wondering how they compare from an actual intelligent users perspective in say a bar band/small festival type situation.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

I sold my KW181's in favor of the KS212C's because of a) the size is much smaller and b) I really like the cardioid pattern. What I found is that they don't nearly have the punch of the KW's nor are they able to provide the same sound level.

They work for me in small environments where my band is playing smooth jazz. But if the band is going to play dance music in a larger venue or if I'm running sound outdoors, it's definitely going to be my big dBTechnologies subs. These guys just can't give me that punch that I want for that.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

For how big venues, in terms of number of people in it, system of 2x ks212c and 2x k12.2 could be used? For example for some party band. Would it have to consist out of four subs or more?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by knga7 View Post
For how big venues, in terms of number of people in it, system of 2x ks212c and 2x k12.2 could be used? For example for some party band. Would it have to consist out of four subs or more?
It's hard to say. It's really more dependent on what type of music you are playing and how much air you want/need to push with the subs.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search