The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Battery powered PA… mixers? Mixers (Analog)
Old 21st June 2018
Here for the gear

Battery powered PA… mixers?

Hey, I’m new to the forum so I’m sorry if this is the wrong area. Does anyone have any recommendations on battery powered PA systems or mixers? I already have one of those battery powered Roland amps, but it only has 2 channels and I will need 3-4. I’m trying to do some outdoor gigs that will last about 4 hours and I’m not going to have any access to external power.

Or is there a possibility that some sort of external battery exists so I can get me a decent mixer without the limitations of a battery? I’m trying to stay under $300.
Old 21st June 2018
Gear Addict

There is a Behringer Xenix mixer that can be powered with batteries. I have never used one of those so I can't telle anything about it.
There are also very basic mixers that combine a few mic inputs to one output like the ART Promix. That one needs 12V power.
If you only need line sources to be mixed maybe you can get away with a passive line mixer that doesn't need power at all.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear
Which Roland amp and which instruments are you inputing?

My Roland AC-33 has an RCA AUX in giving it 3 inputs and the Street Cube EX has a 1/4" Stereo line in and a single 1/4" AUX in as well giving it 4 inputs.
So what do you need to input?

Last edited by AnthonyG; 22nd June 2018 at 02:16 AM..
Old 23rd June 2018
Gear Maniac

Oh, I use a mixer that I mount in a backpack and that I then power with a 12 volt output battery, it lasts about 6 to 7 hours, and it's super convenient.

The mixer is a Mackie Profx4 v2, 4 inputs, or 6 inputs if you count the rca "tape in", it has effects and mic preamps and yeah, I've found it to be very useful for my purposes.

Amazon.com: Mackie PROFX4V2 4-Channel Compact Mixer with Effects: Musical Instruments

and then I use a Talentcell 12v to run it,

Amazon.com: TalentCell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium Ion Battery Pack For LED Strip And CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Battery Bank With Charger, Black (Multi-led indicator): Camera & Photo

This rig will run you around 150 dollars, so half of your budget, and I can vouch for it, I've used this rig in the forest and other places a dozen times.

BUT, if you don't need mixer effects then you can get this mixer Amazon.com: Neewer Stereo Mixer Compact Mini Mixing Console with 4 Channel 2-way Stereo Line Input RCA Input Output 4 Band LED Level Indicator for Computer Microphone, and other Musical Instruments (NW-04AU): Musical Instruments

which has 8 inputs, 4 microphone inputs and two stereo channels with two inputs each. Then you can get this mixer and together with the battery it'll run you around 120 dollars. If you find you like this rig I also recommend finding a backpack, I use one that cost me 12 dollars, and mounting the mixer and battery inside the backpack with velcro or something similar. It's super convenient this way.

Amazon.com: Neewer Stereo Mixer Compact Mini Mixing Console with 4 Channel 2-way Stereo Line Input RCA Input Output 4 Band LED Level Indicator for Computer Microphone, and other Musical Instruments (NW-04AU): Musical Instruments
Old 24th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Here’s a photo of what my backpack mounted battery powered mackie profx4v2 looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Battery powered PA… mixers?-image_543_0.jpg  
Old 27th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsearcher View Post
Oh, I use a mixer that I mount in a backpack and that I then power with a 12 volt output battery, it lasts about 6 to 7 hours, and it's super convenient.

The mixer is a Mackie Profx4 v2, 4 inputs, or 6 inputs if you count the rca "tape in", it has effects and mic preamps and yeah, I've found it to be very useful for my purposes.

Amazon.com: Mackie PROFX4V2 4-Channel Compact Mixer with Effects: Musical Instruments

and then I use a Talentcell 12v to run it,

Amazon.com: TalentCell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium Ion Battery Pack For LED Strip And CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Battery Bank With Charger, Black (Multi-led indicator): Camera & Photo

This rig will run you around 150 dollars, so half of your budget, and I can vouch for it, I've used this rig in the forest and other places a dozen times.

BUT, if you don't need mixer effects then you can get this mixer Amazon.com: Neewer Stereo Mixer Compact Mini Mixing Console with 4 Channel 2-way Stereo Line Input RCA Input Output 4 Band LED Level Indicator for Computer Microphone, and other Musical Instruments (NW-04AU): Musical Instruments

which has 8 inputs, 4 microphone inputs and two stereo channels with two inputs each. Then you can get this mixer and together with the battery it'll run you around 120 dollars. If you find you like this rig I also recommend finding a backpack, I use one that cost me 12 dollars, and mounting the mixer and battery inside the backpack with velcro or something similar. It's super convenient this way.

Amazon.com: Neewer Stereo Mixer Compact Mini Mixing Console with 4 Channel 2-way Stereo Line Input RCA Input Output 4 Band LED Level Indicator for Computer Microphone, and other Musical Instruments (NW-04AU): Musical Instruments
Mate thanks for this so much. I have copied your mixer setup and it works a treat.

I purchased a LD Maui 5 Go and it hauls, I then used the above mixer setup. To go completely wireless and avoid burning 9 volt batterys, I purchased some 5v-9v usb converters, and then flipped the polarity and these power both my Boss overdrive and boss Rc 1 looper off a second usb power pack.

Pretty happy with this setup. The only 9volt portable charger I could find only powers the mixer unit for about 3 hours, but if needed I can use the second much bigger battery pack to charge the smaller 9 volt battery pack and use ( volt batterys in the pedals, that will run it for 7 or 8 hours. The maui can pump at high volume for about 5 hours.

Quite incredible how powerful this system is. I could probably play a pub with it.
Old 23rd March 2019
Here for the gear

Hey all, thanks for the useful advice!

I'm wondering, does you need an adapter for that lithium batttery to be able to plug the mixer into it? I'm looking to get this 968.767 Results | Musician's Friend (I need to be able to get reverb on 4 mics), but I'm worried the lithium battery won't be able to power it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 4th April 2019
Here for the gear

Hey guys, this setup looks sweet ! What cable did you use from the battery to the mixer ?
Cheers
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search