The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SPD SX backing tracks / Behringer 1204 mixer Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

SPD SX backing tracks / Behringer 1204 mixer

Hi guys,

I am looking at getting a Roland SPD SX to run our backing tracks. I know a lot of bands use these and can set them up to have a click track triggered at the same time as the backing track and have the click or mix of the SPDSX/click go only to the phones output. This is good but I want to be able to also hear my live keys and the vocalist in my phones too.

Just trying to figure the best way to do this. I am looking at getting a Behringer X1204USB mixer too for my stage setup, this unit has a RCA tape input on it.

Would taking the headphone output of the SPDSX into the tape input of the mixer give me a blended mix of my mixer inputs and click in headphones plugged into the mixer ? I think the X1204 mixer has a button which lets you switch the tape input either to main mix or control room/phones. Obviously I don't want the click from the SPD going to the main mix, just want to be able to hear it mixed in with everything else in my phones.

Does anyone here have an X1204 and can confirm if this would work ? Or know another way to achieve what I want ?

Cheers
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

So I found a solution....

On the SPD SX on each kit I am using live I route the backing track to subgroup and out to a stereo track on the mixer. On a linked pad I have the click track which is routed to master and panned hard left. The drum samples on the pads i also have routed to master and panned hard right. The master output from the SPD then goes to two separate mono tracks on my mixer. There I can mix the levels of the drum samples on its own fader and and the click track I route to ALT 3-4 mix which then gets routed to headphones without going to the main out, I can adjust the level of it too with its own fader. All is good
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonenz View Post
So I found a solution....

On the SPD SX on each kit I am using live I route the backing track to subgroup and out to a stereo track on the mixer. On a linked pad I have the click track which is routed to master and panned hard left. The drum samples on the pads i also have routed to master and panned hard right. The master output from the SPD then goes to two separate mono tracks on my mixer. There I can mix the levels of the drum samples on its own fader and and the click track I route to ALT 3-4 mix which then gets routed to headphones without going to the main out, I can adjust the level of it too with its own fader. All is good
Glad you figured it out! The SPD SX is IMHO the best solution and rock solid for backing tracks. We use a stereo WAV file for the backing track on the master outputs and a separate mono WAV file for the click assigned to the sub outputs. They are both triggered by the same pad. We have an Behringer X32R and the click is fed only to the IEMs while the backing track is routed to Main LR. Of course, this is only useful if you run your PA in stereo.... which we do. We have found in our environments this is useful... We run the guitar player who has a Fractal Audio Axe FX III in stereo as well as my keyboard.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search