The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
QSC K-12 issue
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

QSC K-12 issue

Thanks in advance or any help,

During a gig last night the xlr cable on my older K-12 kept vibrating loose. Never happened before but I have a new Beat Buddy and it was a lot louder than usual. Duct tape got me through the night. Would it be alright to use an XLR Out of the mixer to 1/4” into the K-12 cable. That would be more secure

Thank RPK
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

No problem at all; the XLR and 1/4" input are just connected in parallel internally to the speaker, so the end result is identical electrically speaking. Make sure the 1/4" cable and connector are balanced (or you may have different gain and will have a greater chance of interference/hum).

It's a bit daft of them to not use a locking XLR connector, in my opinion.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I've had the same problem with the KW's.

1. If you're going to use second best (which is what 1/4" plugs are), use right angle connectors on the speaker end to minimize torquing the jacks with the leveraged cable weight.

2. Consider replacing the XLR's with locking ones.

3. Whatever you decide to do, STRESS RELIEVE your speaker cables by strapping to the stands right underneath the box or looping the cable through the handle. Taking weigh off of cabled connections should be SOP for longer life and fewer troubles.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks, all good suggestions

RPK

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search