The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Yamaha DZR series!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyDDJ View Post
Thank you for the great comments!
I am also struggling to decide what 12" speaker to buy.
I've already went through multiple reviews and forums hoping to find information that is not based on specs and assumptions but on real tests.
My primary objective is to buy the best of the best speaker withing the semi pro level market - up to $1800 per speaker.
For me the most important factor is the speaker sound clarity and then the spl.
So far I have read a lot about DZR compared to DSR, DXR, RCF, Ks, KW, etc but none about EV ETX and JBL SRX.
I really wonder if someone can share his personal experience with the above 2?
With a budget of $1800 / speaker there may be better options than the Yamaha DZR12, but that is out of my range of pain

One other thing to consider is how good is the warranty (Yamaha offers a 7 year warranty), and are there any places near you to take your speakers if you need something done.

Where are you located?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEng View Post
With a budget of $1800 / speaker there may be better options than the Yamaha DZR12, but that is out of my range of pain

One other thing to consider is how good is the warranty (Yamaha offers a 7 year warranty), and are there any places near you to take your speakers if you need something done.

Where are you located?
I am in Toronto Canada where the PA market is not that hot.
It appears that in whatever reason the local market is overtaken by Yorkville and EV only.

Its really sad to have a desire to spend a decent amount of money and not to have the opportunity to touch and feel the more premium brands.

I have tried calling Yamaha Canada to ask where I can see those speakers and their answer was that they don't have a show room but warehouse only...
Almost like a garage shop brand.

I have also tried at a few large stores in NY and Atlanta with the same success.

It appears that the high end brands are not that interested in the end user market...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

You might be able to get a gently used RCF TT speaker for less than $2k per box and they're excellent for the money. The budget needs to be doubled if you want to touch d&b,Meyer,LA.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyDDJ View Post
I am in Toronto Canada where the PA market is not that hot.
It appears that in whatever reason the local market is overtaken by Yorkville and EV only.

Its really sad to have a desire to spend a decent amount of money and not to have the opportunity to touch and feel the more premium brands.

I have tried calling Yamaha Canada to ask where I can see those speakers and their answer was that they don't have a show room but warehouse only...
Almost like a garage shop brand.

I have also tried at a few large stores in NY and Atlanta with the same success.

It appears that the high end brands are not that interested in the end user market...
Well, worst case you can drive into the Detroit area. I know any number of places there that should carry the DZR and have speaker show rooms for you to test them against many other speakers as well.

I just moved out of Michigan 8 months ago. Many Guitar Centers there will have what you need to do a listen. Bring your own recorded material and a mic if you sing so you can have a good frame of reference when you switch from speaker to speaker.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search