The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundcraft MH2 pres and eqs Consoles
Old 7th March 2018
Here for the gear

Soundcraft MH2 pres and eqs

Hey everyone.

I was wondering what you generally think of the Soundcraft MH2.
I have the opportunity to buy one really really cheap and I was wondering what I could expect the preamps and eqs to be like?

Thanks for your opinions!
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverence Audio View Post
Hey everyone.

I was wondering what you generally think of the Soundcraft MH2.
I have the opportunity to buy one really really cheap and I was wondering what I could expect the preamps and eqs to be like?

Thanks for your opinions!
It sounds quite good and the EQs are pretty nice, although not as flexible as the ones on the or Series 5 or pretty much any digital console. MH2s are reliable, but not the easiest to repair.

How cheap, how many channels?
What are you going to use it for?
Old 13th March 2018
Here for the gear

I bought it. 2000$ CAD. Came from a production company. It's a 48 channel, very good condition, lived in a flight case most of it's life apparently, was used for festival gigs 3 times a year for 5 years then digital consoles took over. Came with extra external power supply, flight case with dog house, dust cover and stand with monitor bay.. Not the best studio board but I just need a bunch of channel strips and a cool looking board.. I'm happy.
Old 14th March 2018
Gear Addict

That's not a lot under going rate. Depressing but analogue boards just aren't worth much these days.

The MH4 was a great roadgoing analogue board for people who couldn't afford Heritages. The MH2 isn't half bad as a budget-engineered little brother to the MH4. IMO they have good sound quality, generally good reliability and the pres and EQs are generally nice sounding and musical. Soundcraft have never really been criticised for sound quality. It's more their attitude to customer service that gives them bad rep.

One thing I would say to you is that as I previously alluded to, Soundcraft's attitude to spares and repairs on their current line of products is pretty shonky so getting support on past products isn't going to be much fun. If you see a broken or cheap MH2/3/4 going anywhere, it might be a sensible purchase as a donor for parts.
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by de003 View Post
That's not a lot under going rate. Depressing but analogue boards just aren't worth much these days.

The MH4 was a great roadgoing analogue board for people who couldn't afford Heritages. The MH2 isn't half bad as a budget-engineered little brother to the MH4. IMO they have good sound quality, generally good reliability and the pres and EQs are generally nice sounding and musical. Soundcraft have never really been criticised for sound quality. It's more their attitude to customer service that gives them bad rep.

One thing I would say to you is that as I previously alluded to, Soundcraft's attitude to spares and repairs on their current line of products is pretty shonky so getting support on past products isn't going to be much fun. If you see a broken or cheap MH2/3/4 going anywhere, it might be a sensible purchase as a donor for parts.
I was always a fan of analog Soundcrafts, but post-Harman Soundcraft is even more depressing than the prices.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search