The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Peavey PRO 15p missing low end
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Peavey PRO 15p missing low end

i own a pair of Peavey PRO 15p and though one of them has a pretty descent low end ( for its price range/quality) the other one is missing that and sounds more flat. Also the blue light (which the other one has) its off or burnt out .
I opened the cabinet and the speaker looks fine

Any ideas what the issue might be?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

What do you mean the speaker looks fine? Did you do an impedance sweep on it to see if the driver is healthy? You can't tell the driver is working properly just by looking at it.

Call Peavey service.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

In many cheap cabinets people often use aftermarket spare parts. So I'd check if the 2 woofers are the same.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I opened it in order to check the impedance and after i put it back on the lows came back for some reason, i really don't know what is going on.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzododgy View Post
I opened it in order to check the impedance and after i put it back on the lows came back for some reason, i really don't know what is going on.
If it wasn't perfectly placed, there could have been air "puffs" which completely destroy the concept itself of the cabinet.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search