The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
kv2 audio ES+EX2.2
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

kv2 audio ES+EX2.2

Is this combination ok?
Phase 0° / 180°?
Es 1.0
bass Ex .2.2
bass Es.2.5
Philosophy of the system is different, and maybe it will not work well?

Greeting
Attached Thumbnails
kv2 audio ES+EX2.2-viber-image.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by starac View Post
Is this combination ok?
Phase 0° / 180°?
Es 1.0
bass Ex .2.2
bass Es.2.5

Greeting
What does KV2 audio recommend to you?

Contact them.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sound Guy View Post
What does KV2 audio recommend to you?

Contact them.
They did not answer me 20 day
I wrote again(maybe there was some mistake)
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by starac View Post
Is this combination ok?
Phase 0° / 180°?
Es 1.0
bass Ex .2.2
bass Es.2.5

Greeting
I am pretty sure that you have to phase invert the EX2.2 sub. The reasoning is that the EX is a sub component of a 3way system and the ES sub is part of a 4way system.
Try it and check the results.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I'm not sure how much this helps, but the biggest EX series sub (double 15") has enough amp power to attach the 8 Ohm version of the passive double 15" ES series sub (ES2.6) if needed.

Of course the output may be adjusted to ensure the passive box plays nicely with the powered one. I assumed that was just fed from the same amp, leaving little short of a polarity flip available in terms of changes that could be applied to the amp slave output.

I know KV2 suggest that the same amp and processing can work with two different subs, so for example with the Epak powered controller for an ES system, two different sub models can be combined as long as the nominal impedance doesn't get lower than 4 Ohms.

For their bigger sub amp used with VHD and SL tops, there's a knob which you position according to the number and type of subs it is powering. I don't think they offer an explanation (in the specs) as to what exactly its function is, but I recall a VHD user suggesting it was just changing the EQ and perhaps high pass filtering, to best accommodate whatever mix of subs were in use. However I think that was just a guess, as he admitted he'd never really thought about it before I asked.

I do know KV2 recommend different combinations of their subs, depending on the requirements of the customer. However since they run them right up to 125Hz, a lot higher than modern users are used to, it may just be that different combinations of different models can maximise output or extension - depending on what is more important.

I'm surprised you've not had an answer from their reps. I've only heard good things from users about their UK sales and service. In fact I've heard nothing but good things about KV2 from everyone using or invested in them (with the exception of some of the opinions expressed by George Krampera in public at trade shows, criticising competitors rather harshly!).
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post
I am pretty sure that you have to phase invert the EX2.2 sub. The reasoning is that the EX is a sub component of a 3way system and the ES sub is part of a 4way system.
Try it and check the results.
Yes, I suppose/
I need to measure whether I will get more or less db(phase)
It's a real shame not to put them in the system because they stand in the garage ...
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo filters View Post
I'm not sure how much this helps, but the biggest EX series sub (double 15") has enough amp power to attach the 8 Ohm version of the passive double 15" ES series sub (ES2.6) if needed.

Of course the output may be adjusted to ensure the passive box plays nicely with the powered one. I assumed that was just fed from the same amp, leaving little short of a polarity flip available in terms of changes that could be applied to the amp slave output.

I know KV2 suggest that the same amp and processing can work with two different subs, so for example with the Epak powered controller for an ES system, two different sub models can be combined as long as the nominal impedance doesn't get lower than 4 Ohms.

For their bigger sub amp used with VHD and SL tops, there's a knob which you position according to the number and type of subs it is powering. I don't think they offer an explanation (in the specs) as to what exactly its function is, but I recall a VHD user suggesting it was just changing the EQ and perhaps high pass filtering, to best accommodate whatever mix of subs were in use. However I think that was just a guess, as he admitted he'd never really thought about it before I asked.

I do know KV2 recommend different combinations of their subs, depending on the requirements of the customer. However since they run them right up to 125Hz, a lot higher than modern users are used to, it may just be that different combinations of different models can maximise output or extension - depending on what is more important.

I'm surprised you've not had an answer from their reps. I've only heard good things from users about their UK sales and service. In fact I've heard nothing but good things about KV2 from everyone using or invested in them (with the exception of some of the opinions expressed by George Krampera in public at trade shows, criticising competitors rather harshly!).
Very useful information
The Bass 2.2ex series works great and are very fast
Maybe I'll need a dalay line to get him a little late
Unfortunately on the front panel of the amplifiers did not mean the ex series
It's a shame I do not use them(so even if he gets only one db), I have 3 pieces and 4xex10 for monitoring...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search