The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fake Shure SE215??
Old 16th May 2017
Here for the gear

Fake Shure SE215??

I was on newegg today and am in the market for a nice pair of cheap IEM's and figured why not so i typed in SE215 and this random "ZRSE SE215" headphones came up that look exactly like the Shure's and was wondering has anyone tried them? 30 bucks off the Shure's price and has dual drivers? Just wondering if I found paradise or not!
Old 16th May 2017
Lives for gear
In todays world a company like Shure doesn't own the factories that make its products. Shure subcontracts out the manufacture of its products to various factories all over the world. An issue faced by many subcontracting Brand companies is quality control by its subcontractors. Chinese companies (I don't want to pick on the Chinese but most of these subcontractors are Chinese) are notorious for not wanting to waste anything. The concept of quality control is a little foreign so products leave these subcontractors that didn't pass QC. This is a large percentage of the "Fakes" on the market.

Then there is the issue of Brand name companies changing subcontractors. The subcontractor still has the tools so goes on making the same product with a different name on it. This sounds like the situation at hand.

So, it could be good, it may not be. The QC that brand name companies demand will likely be missing.

Anthony
Old 16th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerA View Post
I was on newegg today and am in the market for a nice pair of cheap IEM's and figured why not so i typed in SE215 and this random "ZRSE SE215" headphones came up that look exactly like the Shure's and was wondering has anyone tried them? 30 bucks off the Shure's price and has dual drivers? Just wondering if I found paradise or not!
How do you know the "dual drivers" are any good? This $30 saving is a false economy!
Old 17th May 2017
Lives for gear

Real SE215's are such a great value, I think Shure deserves every penny. And I'm no Shure fan.
Old 17th May 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2SPL View Post
Real SE215's are such a great value, I think Shure deserves every penny. And I'm no Shure fan.
I'm a huge Shure fan, though not a big user of IEMs. A quick Google tells me this is just a £70 item.

I'd not consider saving $3, let alone $30 ... how much of a cheap-a$$ can you be?

Pay the right money, get it right first time - otherwise you get exactly what you deserve!

Last edited by mojo filters; 17th May 2017 at 11:37 AM..
Old 20th May 2017
I ended up with a counterfeit pair of 535's that sounded absolutely awful! Looked great including the Shure logo and packaging but first listen and I knew they weren't the real deal.

Thankfully I got my money back but I wouldn't recommend it.

If you're looking for cheap in ears that sound surprisingly good, the KZ Ate series are fantastic! You can pick them up on Amazon now instead of having to wait a month for shipping from China. They've become my go-to walking around headphones and another mixer I know has started using the dual driver one when he's mixing monitors but I haven't heard them myself.
Old 24th May 2017 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo filters View Post
I'm a huge Shure fan, though not a big user of IEMs. A quick Google tells me this is just a £70 item.

I'd not consider saving $3, let alone $30 ... how much of a cheap-a$$ can you be?

Pay the right money, get it right first time - otherwise you get exactly what you deserve!
I'm not a cheap ass or maybe I am, just have been buying a ton of gear recently and wanted to know if anyone had tried them out considering they're dual driver compared to the single driver shure. Did mommy and daddy buy your studio for you? Are you looking for a new adopted brother, SHURE could use a life where saving 30 bucks means nothing to me. Thanks.
Old 24th May 2017 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelly View Post
I ended up with a counterfeit pair of 535's that sounded absolutely awful! Looked great including the Shure logo and packaging but first listen and I knew they weren't the real deal.

Thankfully I got my money back but I wouldn't recommend it.

If you're looking for cheap in ears that sound surprisingly good, the KZ Ate series are fantastic! You can pick them up on Amazon now instead of having to wait a month for shipping from China. They've become my go-to walking around headphones and another mixer I know has started using the dual driver one when he's mixing monitors but I haven't heard them myself.
thanks for the kind reply, i've looked into the KZ ate series so I might try them out, cheap enough to take a L if they suck!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear