The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
X32 with X-Touch
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Dixon View Post
Line check doesn't help you put together a nice mix on the first song.
Are you suggesting you get better mixes faster without even a line check?

When the schedule only permits a set break line check and you're mixing single-handed, being on stage with a tablet that has RTA and control over FOH and monitors is essential. Even if there's a drum changeover I can sit at the kit and get the EQ's 90% of the way home while dialing in the drum fill. It can even be done with separate monitor and FOH mixers from the same tablet if you've got good chops. If you suck at it that's your problem not the tablet's.

Sorry guys, the anti-tablet sentiment is bias and not practical in any way. No client ever asked me to forgo what works best and stick to what I like. And to say you feel it's right to upstage the bridal party's desire for aesthetic appeal at their wedding, well that smacks of bias as well. Wear a nice suit and blend in, or don't take the gig. These days the bands that play weddings refer techs that are comfortable on tablet way more than those that need to set up a FOH console so nevermind, you won't have to deal with weddings much anymore anyway.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear