The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
anyone get a soundcraft ui16 yet? Mixers (Digital)
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear
16:10

Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017) Review | NotebookReview.com

I am more comfortable if I have a fully charged backup tablet with me. if there was a convenient way to attach an external battery to my tablet, then I might be more likely to just bring one tablet.

The 10 inch amazon fire tablet has a pretty decent sized battery. It might fare better, but i havent run my ui12 with it to see how long it will last. the bigger tablet is not as easy to hold in the hand, but honestly, the screen is great and there is some upgraded hardware in the 10 inch model according to the reviews. i think it would be a good mixing tablet.
Old 12th June 2018
Gear Maniac
I was asked by some young friends to help them set up their analog system the other night for a one-guitar/two-vocal duo. Mackie Profx12 into EV powered speakers. They had run it the week before and had some overheating and overdriving issues.

Pretty simple to see what they had wrong: really low mic preamp trim settings for Shure 58s, like +10db or so. Turned everything else down, brought the trims up to where the green signal light flickered, brought the master up to show 3 green bars, and brought the EVs up to a good input gain and final room level.

Straightforward for an experienced sound tech, but what hit me was how spoiled I've gotten using the Ui16 for nearly two years now. No solo options at all on the Mackie, so the little signal green is the only indication of preamp trim. On the Ui, I can see exactly what each input is doing, not to mention being able to fine-tune eq and feel with the RTA once the show starts. I'd almost forgotten how primitive even decent analog stuff was by comparison. To be able to level up every last detail with the final reinforcement muted is such a luxury!

I dropped a few hints that their Mackie analog mixer is probably worth 80% of the cost of a new Ui12...
Old 12th June 2018
Lives for gear
My ui12 disconnected enough on me that it has been sitting in my garage for about 2 years now because I am done wasting my time on it. My Xr16 hasn't disconnected a single time, and it conveniently comes with rack ears and doesn't have a pesky walwart. Haven't had any issues with my XR12, either.
Old 12th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyrocks View Post
My ui12 disconnected enough on me that it has been sitting in my garage for about 2 years now because I am done wasting my time on it. My Xr16 hasn't disconnected a single time, and it conveniently comes with rack ears and doesn't have a pesky walwart. Haven't had any issues with my XR12, either.
Same here; I switched to a QSC Touchmix and it has been rock-solid, including the little wifi dongle, which has never disconnected in comparison to the Soundcraft Ui12 which disconnected multiple times every gig and I was never able to get an external router to work.

They've updated the firmware quite a few times since the last time I used it, and some of those updates fixed connectivity problems, so I may dig it out this summer, update it, and bring it along as a backup mixer. But I don't think I'd ever trust it.
Old 12th June 2018
Gear Maniac
I have to wonder if there's something peculiar to the Ui12 that doesn't similarly afflict the 16, or whether they may have had QC issues with a production run or two. My non-techie friends have used their Ui12 for 18 months now at a weekly open mic with no more than a transient networking glitch or two.

That said, the XR12 is at a comparable price point, but the QSCs start at nearly three times the price of the Ui12...twice the Ui16 and in the ballpark of the Ui24R. I'm just curious as to why the Ui12 would have so many issues that seem to be much less or absent in the Ui16, since they're essentially two versions of the same core hardware.
Old 13th June 2018
Lives for gear
Remember that the ui16 was designed with an hdmi port that is not present on the ui12. I don't know, but I suspect that if you opened up your ui16, you might find a slightly more powerful processor than in the ui12 that may have been intended to handle the processing associated with the hdmi feature, even though not implemented on the ui16.

One poster in this thread made pictures early on of the internals of the ui12 so we know what processor it is using. But I don't know what processor is used in the ui16.
Old 13th June 2018
Here for the gear

Hey everyone and greetings from Finland! I just purchased my Ui16 and am really excited to try this on the weekend with my band. After reading a lot of these comments on this post, I am thinking what could be my best option for a backup, if something were to happen to the connection. My only laptop is a Macbook Pro that doesn't have the cat5 port. So then I'm thinking should I get a 2 band router possibly? Does anyone know if the cheaper ones (max 50dollars) are any better than the built in one?

Another question I am wondering, what kind of footswitch do I need to work with this? Does it mute all FX or just reverb and delay?

Thanks a lot guys, it was an interesting read through many of these pages. Got a little worried as I had already placed my order and the connection issues started coming up on this thread. Well I updated the latest firmware the first thing, I guess that's all I can do about that. All the qualities of the mixer seem awesome and can't wait to try it with my band and see how it actually sounds!
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazer View Post
I just purchased my Ui16

So then I'm thinking should I get a 2 band router possibly? Does anyone know if the cheaper ones (max 50dollars) are any better than the built in one?

Got a little worried as I had already placed my order and the connection issues started coming up on this thread. Well I updated the latest firmware the first thing, I guess that's all I can do about that.
I'm amazed that people are still buying these after all the bad press - I'd certainly be buying elsewhere! Though it's reported that the stability is improved, it's worth checking it's performance with phantom power enabled - that was one of the other problems, and not fixable with firmware.

While I can't specifically comment for the UI16, my experience with other digital desks is that any old router is normally fine - no need to spend top dollar at all. You do need a little knowledge to set the networking up, though...
Old 13th June 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
I'm amazed that people are still buying these after all the bad press - I'd certainly be buying elsewhere! Though it's reported that the stability is improved, it's worth checking it's performance with phantom power enabled - that was one of the other problems, and not fixable with firmware.

While I can't specifically comment for the UI16, my experience with other digital desks is that any old router is normally fine - no need to spend top dollar at all. You do need a little knowledge to set the networking up, though...
Yeah I was looking into the XR18 but the Ui16 was still over 200€ cheaper, so I thought I'm gonna see if this is enough for me, and if not, then go for the XR18.

I rarely use phantom power, max 1-2 channels. And only in soundcheck I will be able to go do any mixing offstage, as when I'm playing, the rack will be always close to me so I'm hoping the wifi won't be a problem.
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yeah I was looking into the XR18 but the Ui16 was still over 200€ cheaper, so I thought I'm gonna see if this is enough for me, and if not, then go for the XR18.

I rarely use phantom power, max 1-2 channels. And only in soundcheck I will be able to go do any mixing offstage, as when I'm playing, the rack will be always close to me so I'm hoping the wifi won't be a problem.
That EUR 200 saving is only good value if the cheaper option works for you - so definitely check it out well now and make sure you have a keeper. Check and see if your phantom powered sources are OK, i.e., no excessive noise. Also, while the XR18 may be pricier, the XR16 is rather less - and remember, the I/O count of the UI16 is somewhere between the XR16 and XR18 - all depends on what you need.

As for the wifi, don't even try and use the internal wifi - that's where most problems come from. As well as being weak, there are other issues which can give you grief, which you'll typically only discover when the venue fills up later. It's not just about distance to the device! First rule of wireless mixers - always use an external router.
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
First rule of wireless mixers - always use an external router.
Second rule is to use a channel that's not already being jammed by people's smartphones in the audience (easiest is if you have a router with 5g as an option, as there won't be much if any traffic there). Third rule is to name your router something like "No Internet" so people don't keep pinging it to log into it.
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh View Post
Second rule is to use a channel that's not already being jammed by people's smartphones in the audience (easiest is if you have a router with 5g as an option, as there won't be much if any traffic there). Third rule is to name your router something like "No Internet" so people don't keep pinging it to log into it.
An interesting one about the frequency, and I wonder if that (like other things, especially RF) is country dependent). I've always had my routers at home and for production work set to "auto" for frequency, and it's always served me well. I have a scanner on my phone to use if I need to deal with a problem situation, but have always found the auto setting to work well.

Is that not a thing in the US?
Old 14th June 2018
Here for the gear

Okay so I started feeling annoyed and after all the multitrack recording is a very nice option. So I'm taking the Ui16 back and getting a Midas MR18 instead, since the XR18 seems to be out everywhere.
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear
You will still benefit from using an external router. Just folllow Behringers how to video on Youtube.

If you use android, Mixing Station Pro for the XR is fantastic. It costs about $5-6 and will let you customize your controls to suit you.
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Hey everyone and greetings from Finland! I just purchased my Ui16 and am really excited to try this on the weekend with my band. After reading a lot of these comments on this post, I am thinking what could be my best option for a backup, if something were to happen to the connection. My only laptop is a Macbook Pro that doesn't have the cat5 port. So then I'm thinking should I get a 2 band router possibly? Does anyone know if the cheaper ones (max 50dollars) are any better than the built in one?

Another question I am wondering, what kind of footswitch do I need to work with this? Does it mute all FX or just reverb and delay?

Thanks a lot guys, it was an interesting read through many of these pages. Got a little worried as I had already placed my order and the connection issues started coming up on this thread. Well I updated the latest firmware the first thing, I guess that's all I can do about that. All the qualities of the mixer seem awesome and can't wait to try it with my band and see how it actually sounds!
Hi Mazer--I've been using a Netgear WNDR3400v1 router that became surplus when our broadband provider upgraded our modem/router a few years ago. You can find them on ebay as low as $20 US with power supply. I don't know much about networking, but my Silicon Valley expert stepson configured it for me 18 months ago, and it has worked perfectly ever since. The epiphany for me was that the router is the hub of the network, your tablet/phone/computers are the control devices, and the Ui16 is the controlled device. I can log on to both 2.4 and 5 ghz at the same time with different devices and have all of them control the mixer.

Once you get the networking numbers lined up, be sure to disable both the internal hotspot and the internal wifi options. We also removed the antenna just to trim the ship a bit. Ethernet cable from mixer port to a switch port (put tape over the modem port so it doesn't accidentally get plugged in there) on the router, fire up both mixer and router. Wait for router network(s) to show in your tablet/phone/computer wifi dialog, connect, open your html5-compliant (>400± score at html5test.com out of a possible 555) browser, and navigate to the device number you assigned to the Ui16 (in our case 10.10.10.55). You should be able to connect your laptop wirelessly, so the absence of an ethernet port shouldn't matter. I've connected my old Powerbook G4 both ways.

Once you've connected the first time, your devices should remember the link and go straight to it the next time when you open the browser. If you forget to connect the cable at either end, you'll draw a blank, so double-check that if it hangs up. On Android, you can put a link to the Ui on your home screen (I use Chrome v66), but Apple requires that you use Safari to put a direct icon there on an iPad or iPhone.

So I plug everything together, power up mixer and router, wait for and select the Ui-specific network, tap the link on the home page, and voila! the virtual mixer is there ready to go. Time after time.

You're going to love working with this mixer, especially if you've used analogue desks before. Study the manual and the Soundcraft tutorial videos. Good luck.
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Okay so I started feeling annoyed and after all the multitrack recording is a very nice option. So I'm taking the Ui16 back and getting a Midas MR18 instead, since the XR18 seems to be out everywhere.
Ah, hadn't spotted that you need to get to the UI24 to get multi-track recording in the UI range. That does start to make the UI16 look a little less competitive, if multi-track recording is important to you!

Hope you end up happy with the solution you've picked. It's a steady and capable box.
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear
In my opinion, Soundcraft should have given us a new UI to take the place of the Ui12 and UI16 somewhere near those price points with the performance and feature set of the UI24. And the Ui24 should have been a 32 track board. I think there are a boatload of UI12/16 users who would trade up if there was a more affordable option than the ui24 at its price point.

Or Soundcraft should have done a trade in credit for us Ui12 owners as a gesture of customer goodwill. After my Ui12 experience, I. wont be buying Soundcraft branded products again.
Old 16th June 2018
Here for the gear

On the UI16, what's the difference between the hotspot and the wifi setup? I'm only running the hot spot, and the wifi is disabled.
Old 21st June 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCBassStudio View Post
On the UI16, what's the difference between the hotspot and the wifi setup? I'm only running the hot spot, and the wifi is disabled.
The hotspot is the internal router, which everyone agrees is a pretty shaky piece of hardware. That's what feeds the antenna. The second option is the internal wifi, which allows you to use an existing network to link up the Ui and a control surface. This is the equivalent of the old AirPort on Macs (now just Wi-Fi), a radio that can communicate with, say, your home wireless router. Not generally very practical in a live PA venue, unless the house has great wifi and will let you use it to run the mixer.

The third connection option is the ethernet port, a hardwired connection to some external device. That could be a laptop's ethernet port, but more often an external router. Once configured properly, the router runs the network, and the cat-5 cable back to the Ui is a hardwired connection between the network-boss router and whatever is logged onto the LAN wirelessly. To hardwire a laptop, you can either run cat-5 directly from Ui to laptop, or set up an external router with the cat-5 from the Ui in one switch port and the laptop on a second cat-5 to another switch port. In other words, the router can host both wireless devices and hardwired devices, as long as each device has a browser-capable CPU, and any such connected device can control the Ui's GUI.

The setup that has worked for me for a long, reliable time now is a Netgear WNDR3400 router (very cheap used) wired to the Ui, an iPad4 and two Android Nexus tablets for control, and both the hotspot and internal wifi disabled in settings. It seems that disabling the other two connection options reduces the chances of some kind of communication conflict.
Old 26th August 2018
Here for the gear

Hi

After reading a alot of comments about the ui12/16 heres my thoughts-

I have mixed feelings about it. I have ui12 and have been using it for a month. Like many have said the user interface is great. I have had no connection problems.

Just found out that the afs2 Does not work for me. After swithing it off the sound is much better now.

But here is the Thing I l dont understand now-

From the beginning there has been a lot of hiss. I read the comments here and figured out that Its a feature.. I bought an external preamp and hiss level was slightly better. Switching hi-z on for channels one and two made the hiss much lower.

But yesterday suddenly the hiss went away!

I did not change anything. The unit was in a closet meantime but..

Now switchin hi-z on or off does not change the hiss level. Now the overal noise levels are pretty ok. It is not silent but ok. Compared to the previous the difference is Huge. So what the heck is going on? Now I know that this unit is not completely wrong. And if the hiss returns i can sen it back through warranty.

I’m just curious that Many people have been using UI with the hiss levels I had in the beginning

-floid
Old 26th August 2018
Some units have planned obsolescence.. maybe these have planned excellence
Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear
I have experienced unacceptable levels of hiss with my ui12 to the point that I started using external preamps. My XR12 and XR16 mixers are quiet by comparison.

If you can figure out how to turn off the hiss, please let me know.
Old 27th August 2018
Here for the gear

Yes..

Those of you who are experiencing big hiss-

Does the hi-z switch change the hiss level on that channel ? Im asking this because if it changes then the situation is maybe the same as i had before the ' planned excellence '

I have not figured it out yet what made the difference. I did some tests though. I tried differnet cables. I tried connecting the power to different terminal and even rotating the power plug ..

-floid
Old 31st August 2018
Gear Maniac
What are your preamp gain levels? My experience (2 years and hundreds of dates with a Ui16) is that +30db is about as high as you can go without audible preamp noise. I default my dynamic mics (Audix OMs and Sennheiser e835s) to +30 without perceptible noise in live settings, but I've heard pretty bad hiss once the trim gets past about +32. I'm very happy when a singer loads the mic well enough to let me dial it back into the 20s.

It's one of the knocks on the Soundcraft-acquired Ui12 and 16, bought from SMPro and rebadged three years ago. The Ui24R is a fresh Soundcraft design in-house (they say the only carryover is the handles!) using Studer-designed preamps.

I haven't heard any Ui24R users complain about preamp noise, and a lot of us sure wish SC would offer some kind of upgrade path, either a replacement board or a trade-up deal to a MkII Ui12/16 with the Studer PAs (and the HDMI implementation, and multitrack capability, and more aux outs, and...).

If you're using an external preamp or interface, obviously you should cut the Ui gain trim way back, probably to 0db, and use the cleaner preamplification of your outboard device to get levels up to where you want them. Any one of the several 8-channel preamp strips would seem to be a useful addition if you need more preamp gain.

You didn't mention whether phantom power is involved in your setup. The Ui's phantom power also seems to be unacceptably noisy, inducing a "zipper" sound when moving gain faders. Again, if you're going to take advantage of what the Ui12/16 offers at its price and need quiet phantom, an outboard preamp with phantom is a good move.

The high-z option is for high-impedance inputs, typically old-school passive electric guitars and basses. Anything with its own preamp (e.g., most active pickups and DIs) should already have been converted to low-z before it gets to the mixer.

I can't comment on your dissatisfaction with the afs2 system. In my experience, it's extremely useful in feedback-prone environments, but I've also run the fixed-filter ringout routine in outdoor settings without picking up a single problem frequency. The latest firmware versions save afs2 filters to snapshots, so it's easy to call up the snapshot for a venue where you've dialed it in before and pretty much be ready to go.

It is a good idea to take a look at the filters on the GEQ panels. I had one time when our rehearsal sound was thin and tinny at first. I checked the afs2 filters, and there was a big cluster of fixed filters with pretty deep -db cuts down in the lower end of the spectrum. I cleared the filters and the sound was back to normal. Not sure how they got there, but it was easy to find and fix.

One thing that puzzled me about the afs2 when I first started using the Ui is that the setup screen, with its lists of filters, disappears as soon as you touch the fader for the main or aux that you're ringing out. It's only when you go back to setup+on that you'll see the lists again. Move the fader slowly to minimize the howling and ringing in your venue. You'll hear the feedback start and then pretty quickly drop away as the filters set, but a little judicious riding of the fader keeps the noise down for whoever's there while you're setting it up.
Old 1st September 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks for reply

Oldchico (and others) , what about my question. Does the noise level change When switchin hi-z? This is the most obvious sign that my unit actually changed somehow. Now the hi-z does not change noise level.

I’m not at home so cant comment about the actual level figures.

I had Also external preamp connected When there was noise. Now the noise level is much better without external preamp.

I have not tested phantom power.

Last week we had a band session and the unit worked very good.

-floid
Old 1st September 2018
Gear Maniac
Hi-z is only an option on Channels 1 & 2, as they are essentially built-in DIs for guitars. That's also why the Digitech guitar modeling features are only available on those channels.

The only reason to switch on the hi-z option on 1 & 2 is when you have a high-impedance source, such as traditional electric guitars and basses. Without going into a lot of theory, the general rule is that the impedance of a mixer input should be at least ten times the impedance of the source (instrument). Plugging a high-impedance guitar into a low-z mic input will work, but the sound will be "squashed", tinny and distorted somewhat. That's why DIs do two things: they transform the hi-z guitar output into a low-z signal, and they convert the cabling from an unbalanced 1/4" line to a balanced xlr line. Use a short (less than 20') guitar cable to a DI, then as long an xlr cable as you like to the mixer, and you've got the signal chain optimized. Run a 50' guitar cable to a distant mixer, and you lose a lot of signal while potentially picking up (and subsequently amplifying) quite a bit of noise.

If you use the Ui as a stage box (e.g., on the floor among the monitors or off to one side), it's easy to run a guitar cable directly to Channel 1 or 2 and take advantage of the hi-z built-in DI. If it's distant from the performers, you should DI the guitar signal on a short guitar cable, then run an xlr to any of the Ui's inputs.

Any guitar or bass that has an onboard preamp (active pickup) is already converted to low-z by that preamp, so you can run any kind of cable that fits the jacks to any of the combo inputs on the Ui. For example, all of my acoustic guitars have LR Baggs I-Beam Active pickups. That setup has a TRS jack on the endpin. I use a 15' PlanetWaves Circuit Breaker TS cable (I switch between 6-string and 12-string often during sets) into Channel 1 with the hi-z off and get consistently good sound with the Ui's preamp trim in the +teens. I could just as easily run a TRS-XLRM cable for the same connection. A quality guitar cable at that length is basically just as quiet as a balanced cable if the initial signal is strong, which the Baggs preamp ensures. What you want to avoid is a weak signal (no onboard preamp) running in a long hi-z cable to the next connection, as the cable will pick up noise that will then be amplified.

At our frequent open mics, I ask (if it's not obvious on sight) performers whether their guitar has a battery (you might be surprised at how many don't know...). If it does, I know there's an onboard preamp and thus no need for hi-z at the Ui's input. If they bring in a Stratocaster or a Jazz Bass, I just switch on hi-z before getting inputs gained up.

Writing all of this makes me realize that you need to describe what sources you have connected to which inputs via what cables of what length to really try to understand what the mixer is doing, and where that hiss came from. In short, there's no reason outside of a high-impedance input source for the hi-z to make a dramatic difference. I would suspect overly high gain trim levels.
Old 2nd September 2018
Here for the gear

Hi

Well - lets forget about impedance theory etc. Im just curious does the noise level change when putting hi-z on. I understand that hi-z should be used only when connecting hi-z signals but that does not matter. Previously with electric guita e.g. The noise was much louder when hi-z off. Now it does not change. So yes or no ?

About afs2- i guess i have to learn how to use it. Simply just switching it on does not work.

-floid
Old 17th September 2018
Gear Maniac
I was puzzled by the afs2 setup at first too. When you select master or one of the aux outs (monitors) and tap edit, you get the screen with the box center-left showing any existing filters, fixed on the left and live on the right, plus buttons for clearing either or all.

Fixed filters are just that, fixed until cleared. Live filters are dynamic; the system listens for feedback frequencies during a show and automatically sets live filters for anything that crops up. Fixed filters are the equivalent of old-school ringing out of the monitors.

Ringing out involved one tech hooding live mics with the hand to induce feedback, then estimating the frequency and telling another tech to cut the signal on a graphic equalizer at the estimated frequency until the ringing that precedes actual feedback diminishes. Real pros had very well tuned ears for guessing those frequencies, but it was always a time-consuming task of trial and error.

The afs2 system does the same thing electronically. The drill goes like this:

Set up your show by establishing your preamp trim levels, eq, dynamics, fx and so forth to program level. That's where you're going to start your performance. Levels up to the balance you want, aux sends assigned and ok'd by performers, ready to rock. In other words, your sound check. Keep all mics and acoustic guitars live and in performing position, more or less.

Select the Master channel to ring out the mains, although this is less often an issue than the monitors.

Note the db level of your Master fader.

Tap edit, setup, on, and fixed in the afs2 screen (after clearing any old fixed filters if in a new venue).

Push the fader level at least 5db higher than your program level and listen for the beginning of feedback. It helps to go slowly and back off a bit if it really jumps up, so as not to overly annoy anyone else in the room. Give the system time to detect feedback and set the filters.

What confused me happens here. The afs2 screen with the filters display drops away as soon as you touch the channel fader. I thought something was wrong when that happened.

What actually takes place is that you will be looking at a part of the geq for the channel. When a feedback frequency is encountered and you hear the feedback start to ring, you'll see a blue notch appear on the geq. The worse the feedback, the deeper the notch. To see all the filters, scroll the geq screen laterally.

Once you're satisfied that it's caught everything, return the channel fader to program level, go back to "on" and select "live" so the system is ready to catch anything that feeds back during the show.

Repeat the process for each monitor channel. Select channel, edit, setup, on, clear filters, fixed, push the fader up at least 5db slowly, listen, look for your filters in the geq, return the fader to program level, and switch to live. Done.

One trick someone here told be about is to go back to your geq, note where the blue filters are, and manually pull those frequencies down to match the filters, then clear the fixed filters and run the routine again. In other words, you can use the electronics to locate your problem frequencies and manually adjust the eq to match, then look for more feedback. I suppose there might be problematic venues where it would be nice to set more than the standard number of fixed filters.

The live filter setting is automatic, transparent, and dynamic. You won't know it's happening unless you go to a geq screen and see yellow notches. They can change during a show, detecting when they are no longer needed and freeing that filter up to be used at another frequency.

The later versions of the firmware save filter sets with snapshots, so recurring events in the same venue (such as our weekly open mics) should only need to be set up once and will be there waiting for you the next time you load that snapshot.

One weird caveat: we were trying to listen to some recorded songs at the start of a rehearsal, looking for new material, and the ipod audio sounded all tinny. I finally looked at the Master edit screen, and there was a cluster of deep blue filters in the low frequencies. I don't know how they came to be like that, but I cleared all, and the audio was back to normal.
Old 4th October 2018
Here for the gear

OldChico - Thanks for the info about AFS

Week ago we did a small gig with my band with UI12. In overall all worked well.

One issue there was though. Day before the gig we did a soundcheck and i had to lift my guitar level higher than usual. And when the gig started my guitar was way too loud. So something caused the level to drop during soundcheck which was odd.

-floyd
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloidRose View Post
And when the gig started my guitar was way too loud.
Sounds pretty normal for most bands...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search