The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The LM-2 Linndrum is an upgraded version of the LM-1. About 5000 were manufactured between 1982 and 1985 and sold for US$2995. The LinnDrum is a polyphonic 12 voice drum machine with a sequencer and a mixer. It offers fifteen 8-bit 28 kHz ~ 35 kHz digitally sampled drum sounds: bass drum, snare, side-stick snare, hi-hat, crash cymbal, ride cymbal, three tom-toms, cabasa, tambourine, high and low congas, cowbell, and hand-claps. Each sound has it's own output, level and pan control. The snare, tom and conga can be tuned, but modifications allowed all sounds to be tuned. The hi-hat sound has a variable decay control. Most of the sounds were sampled by L.A. drummer Art Wood according to an entry in the Roger Linn Design company online museum. It featured five external trigger inputs and new sounds could be added with EPROM chips, replacing the standard sounds. The sequencer memory offers 56 user, 42 preset patterns to be stored and 49 songs. It has quantization and swing options. The machine can be synchronized through DINSync. There were MIDI retrofit kits available by JL Cooper and Forat Electronics.

Discussions

Drum machine combines LM-1, LM-2 Linndrum, Linn9000 and DMX

...drum machines you might find my new project video interesting. I started the project because I couldn't afford a vintage Linndrum but had an old MIDIbass that used the same chips. On furthur investigation it turned out the Oberheim DMX used a very similar circuit to the Linndrum. I've been using the Micro Linn...

View Post

What Synths, Samplers and Drum Machines should Behringer make?

A collaboration with Aly James Lab to make a hybrid old school drum machine featuring DMX, Linndrum etc, like a hardware V-Prom that covers more than one machine. A 707/727 RD-7X7 styled sample based drum machine that can load/edit user samples too. Beyond Jupiter 8 or Beyond JX3P style poly like Deepmind is to the Juno-106. Oberhiem...

View Post

Sequencing a Reggae Synth Bassline

That side stick sure does not sound Roland or Boss. It's something with 8 or 12 bit samples, also clearly has individual outputs because of different levels of effects on the sounds. LinnDrum perhaps. Or Sequential Circuits Drumtraks?

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides