The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ricola
Old 17th September 2019
Thumbs up Ricola

For years and years I'd seen the famous commercial on television, but never thought about it seriously.

For the past day and a half I began experiencing very nasty symptoms of post nasal drip. It felt like little knives stabbing my soft palate, later it felt like it was on fire. This afternoon the nagging symptoms began working their way down my throat. It's not sore, but scratchy as hell.

I told myself, I'm not gonna put up with this crap while I sleep tonight. So off I went to the store to score some Nyquil. As I was going down the cold and flu isle, there it was! A full rack of Ricola, with all kind of flavors! The years of subliminal messages flooded my brain, all I could hear was the Swiss highlanders blowing on their long Alphorns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphorn

My eyes lit up and I scored two bags! I also got some nightime NyQuil and daytime DayQuil.

Anyhow, as soon as I got home I opened up a bag and had my very first Ricola cough drop. Within 20 seconds, I began to feel instant relief! It's like a wonder drug. Soooooo, that's my story!

Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

lol - i live about 20 minutes from their factory and i get to work for them occasionally; let me know if you need any new flavours of their lollipops!

p.s. funny to hear how 'ricóla' gets pronounced in english: over here, it's 'rícola'...
Old 22nd September 2019
I'm still fighting this cold and it's been more than a week now!

Thankfully it's improving, although slowly. The Ricola drops were a godsend for sure, specially during the first 4 days. I'm real glad to have finally had an opportunity to use them.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I'm still fighting this cold and it's been more than a week now!

Thankfully it's improving, although slowly. The Ricola drops were a godsend for sure, specially during the first 4 days. I'm real glad to have finally had an opportunity to use them.
Wim Hoff breathing technique 30minutes x3times/day, no animal products, no oils, add ginger and you're good to go without any mysterios man-made products.
Old 2 weeks ago
I spammed Ricola on my mother yesterday!

She's coming down with a head cold and had the painful upper palate symptoms associated with post nasal drip.

I gave her the rest of my bag of Ricola Honey Lemon drops. She also approved of the relief that she obtained after trying one for the first time.
Old 2 weeks ago
For colds: boil an onion and let the steam drift through the home.

Thanks for the Ricola tip...will try when needed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search