The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recommend a decent low cost water pitcher that does PFAS?
Old 24th July 2019
Lives for gear

Recommend a decent low cost water pitcher that does PFAS?

There's a lot of areas that thought they had good drinking water but now we know there's elevated levels of PFAS. The cause is certain fire r****dants over the years that got into groundwater, but some say it's about the same as Teflon.

I notice decently priced water filters from Wal Mart but no mention of PFAS or the other names associated. Some reasonably-riced pitchers from Amazon too. But I thought it wise to ask of someone's done the research and can recommend something for my mom, that would make her happy.

In the meantime I'm happy to haul cases of water from the supermarket for her
Old 24th July 2019
A metal or glass pitcher might be healthier.

Old 24th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
A metal or glass pitcher might be healthier.

Very likely true, and figure all the plastic bottles a case of water comes in, there's a lot of water/plastic contact and the bottles have been shaking for thousands of miles of truck ride between the spring/glacier and the supermarket.

I should have put the word filter in the title. A water pitcher with PFAS filter, or inexpensive water tap device. I'd sill have to go with plastic because mom isn't a weightlifter and dropping a glass pitcher would endanger her toes.
Old 24th July 2019
I can't help.

I'm one that drinks water directly from the faucet. The water is fairly safe here and tastes pretty good.
Old 24th July 2019
Lives for gear

My mom is willing to talk to all the other moms and get you all grounded if you can't figure this out

Tilt Thanksgiving in favor of your siblings
Old 25th July 2019
Here's what I would do.

Take a look on Amazon for the pitcher that looks good to ya and then go to YouTube and hunt down the videos people have made and commented on the product. I wouldn't necessarily go just with the Amazon reviews. I also like to read about products directly from the manufacturer's website.
Old 5th August 2019
Gear Nut

Not quite the answer you were looking for, but...

I installed a reverse osmosis (RO) water filter under my kitchen sink and I'm in love. Water quality is the best I've ever had, the filters last up to a year, and no refilling.

I paid about $300 for my system, and it's worth every penny.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search