The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
trancendental meditation and other forms. info
Old 21st June 2019
Lives for gear
trancendental meditation and other forms. info

if you don't feel comfortable posting please private message me. I would like the good and the bad.

Anyone here have any advice about tm. I'm a recovering alcoholic. I quit my Zoloft after two years. started when I first got sober. it killed my creativity and ability to express myself. I'm really flowing in my writing again. but some of my anger issues have came back. no depression or major downs yet. just anger at small stuff and incompetence of others. I did it right a month long taper and ween so all the bad sides are past

I've studied TM read david lynch's books. a couple of years back I met with a instructor at a center. but I don't know about the religious aspect. and not judging but the induction process put me off so I pulled out. but it's been lingering I'm pulled to it. I just want the technique not interested in any organized relgion or culty type stuff. or paying thousand for retreats. (no offense)

Ive tried mindfulness app's but mantra based stuff really seemed to work. I was doing a saraswarti (goddess of art and music mantra) And I know I had a vision of her. it was very surreal.)

I'm also open to other opinions.and other forms of meditation.i get distracted. I have not faired well with the talking meditation types. I like the mantra based that gets me in a trance.

but before I drop $1k on tm I would like some advice. again if you don't feel comfortable posting please private message me.

Last edited by boomer81; 21st June 2019 at 07:18 PM..
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear

Sounds like you're looking for another addiction that releases "feel good" hormones as any other addiction, but without/less side effects maybe? Are you sure that you're trying to recover? To me it sounds like you're simply trying to find another fun toy to play with.
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer81 View Post
but before I drop $1k on tm
Is Lululemon making TM pants now?
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear

PM'd
Old 23rd June 2019
I don't know much about the topic, but before spending any money on the subject, I'd highly recommend watching the YouTube videos and reading about it on the internet for free.
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear

You mentioned Zoloft. I'm on Celexa (Citalopram), a very mild dose, for anxiety. The thing is, if you have an actual brain/nervous system disease/dysfunction, drugs can really help. But you need to find the right combination, under a physician's supervision.

There is nothing "weak" or "wrong" about benefiting from drug therapy for mental issues than for using drugs for cancer or high blood pressure. If you suffer from a chemical imbalance, there are some truly amazing medications that can help.

If on the other hand you for some reason feel drug therapy is not for you, then I personally would seek out professional help from a certified, licensed therapist, rather than shelling out money for TM. You can do your own meditation (and it can have real significant benefits) simply by learning techniques available online or in books, and making time each day for it. Best of luck to you.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search