The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chaga
Old 15th December 2018
Gear Addict

Chaga

Chaga mushroom grows on birch trees from across the top of the United States to Siberia. Some of the most robust and radically healthy is from Eastern Europe: Latvia, Russia, etc. It is a radical boost to the immune system, one of the best things I've ever done for my health and energy levels. There have been a fair amount of clinical studies on chaga powder, often consumed as tea, but also tincture, and all found it was anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-cancer, anti-aging, and quite a boost to immunity. I started drinking chaga tea daily 8 years or so ago, and knock on wood, I cannot remember what the flu even feels like.

It looks like a collection of coffee grounds on the birch tree, and pulls nutrients from it. Eventually the tree would die, so you're doing the birch a favor by consuming this radically healthy compound. Google Image Result for https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/content/images/articles/318/318527/chaga-mushrooms.jpg
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Impressive. Did you notice other benefits beside not catching a cold? Cheers!
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Addict

Hey brother. So sorry I missed this. Yeah, I noticed that chaga was like rocket fuel for my general health and energy, not just immune system. Especially when you start it, you might find yourself powering through your day with more vigor. I think other benefits would include feeling a bit sharper, and more resilient. I think it is a bit stimulant... better for daytime than night, but although I've taken on many herbal helpers in my life, this one would probably win the prize. I hope that helps. Thank you for asking.
Old 2nd April 2019
Old 7th April 2019
Here for the gear

It grows wild where I live and I collect it, but you should be wary that it's one of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature, and getting too much antioxidants increase cancer risk. But I guess the capsules and instant teas that they sell probably don't have very large concentrations. Still, it's something to keep in mind.
Old 8th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikakim View Post
It grows wild where I live and I collect it, but you should be wary that it's one of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature, and getting too much antioxidants increase cancer risk. But I guess the capsules and instant teas that they sell probably don't have very large concentrations. Still, it's something to keep in mind.
I somehow imagine that it would taste bitter if you ate it straight from the tree.
Old 8th April 2019
Here for the gear

You can't eat it really like that, you either boil it or make a tincture in alcohol. I'm not sure if the human system can extract the active ingredients from the materal without preprocessing.

Both extract different active ingredients. But as strong alcohol needed for tinctures (80+%) is illegal in Finland (well you can possess it but not sell it, also distillation is illegal), I just boil it. It has to be cut to pieces when it's fresh, then you can do it with a small axe or large knife. When it dries, it gets very hard. You can also blast it to bits in a blender and then dry it, from the small grains the taste and ingredients are extracter faster when boiling, but I'm a bit worried about oxidation so I store it in these 1cm^3 pieces.

To be honest I never saw any effect, but I drink it when I have a cold, it migh help. At least it's very tasty!

Best quality over-the-counter products would be double extract where it's first dissolved in alcohol, then the boiled, and both liquids combined. But I see the prices are astronomical on the net. Probably you can get the same health effect from going jogging 15min per day :D
Old 8th April 2019
I'm going to look in the vitamin section next time I go to the store and see if they have it.
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Addict

It's true, double extract tinctures are highly effective for delivering the huge complement of phytonutrients. But it's excellent milled and ground, in your favorite tea. For example I combine it with licorice tea. Obviously daily exercise is essential! Chaga is helpful also. If you want to try it, I strongly encourage you not to buy a processed, pill based formula. You can get high quality milled powder, from the US or Eastern Europe via Ebay, for about the same price, and it is vastly preferable for your health. Also you are in control of the dose and administration; you can start small.
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Addict

These guys for example, with 2019 harvest, black crust chaga from Siberia on Ebay. I have no affiliation, but would buy this in a second; they have 185 purchases of chaga, and 100% positive, happy reviews.

Chaga powder outer BLACK crust Fresh Harvest January'2019 Dried Wild Mushroom | eBay
Old 11th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluke View Post
These guys for example, with 2019 harvest, black crust chaga from Siberia on Ebay. I have no affiliation, but would buy this in a second; they have 185 purchases of chaga, and 100% positive, happy reviews.

Chaga powder outer BLACK crust Fresh Harvest January'2019 Dried Wild Mushroom | eBay
Thanks for the tip!
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Addict

You got it my friend.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search