The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
8 Non-Audio Apps to Help Run Your Audio Business
Old 26th June 2018
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Justin P.'s Avatar
 

8 Non-Audio Apps to Help Run Your Audio Business

I just wrote a new article for The Pro Audio Files that outlines some good non-audio apps you can use to help run your audio business.

8 Non-Audio Apps to Help Run Your Audio Business — Pro Audio Files

Maybe one or some of these will be of interest to you and help you become more efficient, organized, profitable, or just save you some time.
Old 29th June 2018
  #2
Gear Maniac
 

awesome article... checking out omnifocus right now, and had no idea CCC was so powerful!
Old 29th June 2018
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Justin P.'s Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Island View Post
awesome article... checking out omnifocus right now, and had no idea CCC was so powerful!
I'm glad you found it useful.

CCC is amazing. Somebody pointed out that I forgot to mention one of its main features which is cloning your entire OS drive incase it fails, and you can be back up and running in no time.

Thankfully I've never had to try that and when it comes to new OS drives, I tend to prefer starting from scratch rather than potentially load in or restore a bunch of potential issues via Time Machine or CCC.

I do love having all my app settings backed up though to help make that process faster.
Old 29th June 2018
  #4
Lives for gear
 
jimmydeluxe's Avatar
recommended! thx

wow, great indeed–I just got at least a year back of future life spent resizing the columns in finder after I install Total Finder. The other apps sound great as well.

I was planning my ios exit though after my current 6+, you see yourself staying long term? hard to get away from cloud sharing, etc. I must admit
Old 29th June 2018
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Justin P.'s Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeluxe View Post
recommended! thx

wow, great indeed–I just got at least a year back of future life spent resizing the columns in finder after I install Total Finder. The other apps sound great as well.

I was planning my ios exit though after my current 6+, you see yourself staying long term? hard to get away from cloud sharing, etc. I must admit
Yeah, I can't believe that after all these years, Apple hasn't figured out the auto-column resizing thing. It's my preferred way to navigate files and if you do mastering or something where there is a lot of fast paced file management, this is a real time saver...that and the ability to bring back full color labels to file and folder names instead of that little tiny dot makes Total Finder essential for me.
Old 29th June 2018
  #6
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin P. View Post
I'm glad you found it useful.

CCC is amazing. Somebody pointed out that I forgot to mention one of its main features which is cloning your entire OS drive incase it fails, and you can be back up and running in no time.

Thankfully I've never had to try that and when it comes to new OS drives, I tend to prefer starting from scratch rather than potentially load in or restore a bunch of potential issues via Time Machine or CCC.

I do love having all my app settings backed up though to help make that process faster.


aaahhh that’s the only thing i’ve uses CCC for! well that and just standard backing up of one ‘Artists’ file on the computer...
Old 2nd July 2018
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Justin P.'s Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeluxe View Post
I was planning my ios exit though after my current 6+, you see yourself staying long term? hard to get away from cloud sharing, etc. I must admit
Before the announcement of the iMac Pro I was strongly considering leaving Apple and going to Windows but they've sucked me back in.

Whatever OS you use, it's nice when you can have a lot of synchronicity between devices and at this point I'm too busy far down the Apple rabbit hole to make a change.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Forum Jump
Forum Jump