The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to choose a good software development company?
Old 4th May 2018
Here for the gear

How to choose a good software development company?

Or maybe you can recommend me some which you've already tried?
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

Your original question is a little vague, @ Seras . What are you looking for? An employer? A stock to bet on? Software to buy? Or do you want custom software written?

In short: what problem are you trying to solve?
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seras View Post
Or maybe you can recommend me some which you've already tried?
what do you need?
Old 19th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Your original question is a little vague,
More like extremely vague.

It's like going "so do you like..........stuff?"
Old 4th July 2018
Lives for gear

Assuming you want a custom software program developed, the answer to your question is long and the path is treacherous.
Old 25th August 2020
Lives for gear
Almost all custom software development companies [everywhere] are really, really, really extremely bad at it. . .even those with strong brands and great reputations. I could explain why, I think; but not in a sufficiently concise format for this forum.

Rather than looking for a company, I suggest you look for a couple or few highly experienced individuals who are currently active and skilled in your areas of primary need and well followed on GitHub for their speciality. One of these individuals should have a strong trail of writing or applying serious, modern software security components.

Unfortunately, this cuts out a lot of highly talented devs [who work on projects elsewhere]. For example, you won’t see me much there as I work almost exclusively on proprietary projects. But analyzing what is happening on GitHub is likely your safest bet to get you to a reliable pool of great devs. . .for what most software dev projects require.

Tech changes very fast, so if you are starting a new project [not a legacy app], look for developers who keep up.

Software Developer [20+ years],

Ray H.
Closed
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear