The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Metadata tagging with accents for foreign languages?
Old 6th April 2018
Here for the gear
Metadata tagging with accents for foreign languages?

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any programs that allow a person to fill in the metadata for audio, video, graphic, etc files that need accents? How does a professional or average user deal with this?

E.G.: French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (seems to have some), Hungarian, Nordic, Slavic languages, Russian, etc.

I have used computers that have installed multiple languages. But the accents are not there.

e' does not have the ' slanted in the way it should or the : which should be above a letter is not above a letter.

à, è, é, É, ó, ö, ő, í

It seems that a person has to have a certain language installed and being used with a certain keyboard that has all the extra letters or key combinations for each letter. Some music/video programs do not recognize the accents or characters. It shows up as a mix of letters/characters even if the language is spelled properly.

Is there a program that has access to all of this in English or any other language? And using a standard English-American,Canadian,UK keyboard?

It can be noted that some old cassettes, records or CD's did not print the accents on the media or the paper/cardboard inserts in the foreign countries.

Thank you.
Old 6th April 2018
Here's a few videos that may help.

Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear
Thank you Synth Guru.

I'll have to try the " and see if it is the same.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search