The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Making beats by yourself since day 1 is catching up to me
Old 23rd January 2018
Gear Addict

Making beats by yourself since day 1 is catching up to me

So i'm that type of guy who makes beats over the years (28 now) all by myself. I found out how to make certain beats and fell in love with FL studio. Now I am quite decent and some records are getting alot more listens than before thanks to the artist I am working with.

My thing is recently I was told by one person that my music gives of the vibe of "sitting in your basement/bedroom by yourself" vibe. Which is TRUE..I just got used to it over the years and that is how I make music and send off my formatted beats to artists. I usually shut down when others are around me. I can make a beat but its not a good beat at all compared to when my creative flow is fully engaged by myself. (I just love to be alone) I guess the style of my melodies or something just isnt considered "music" to some people.

so my issue now is how can I get out of this vibe? I want to make music that mgiht have a chance of gettting out there more. I am all for improvement so I could really do wonders with your guys' advice.

here are some recent records I produced if you guys want to check em out and see for yourself what vibe you get off my stuff. Feel free to bash em. I've been around too many yes men to even know whats going on anymore lol

Emreis - Drug by SpaceNTime | Space NTime | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Murder Rate (Prod. by SpaceNTime) by SpaceNTime | Space NTime | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Tap in (Prod. By SpaceNTime) by SpaceNTime | Space NTime | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

@ varun213 you are born alone and you will die alone, and if you know how you are around other people, being around other people isn't going to change your natural temperament. Drop the yes men if you haven't already.
Old 24th January 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
@ varun213 you are born alone and you will die alone, and if you know how you are around other people, being around other people isn't going to change your natural temperament. Drop the yes men if you haven't already.
true ****..thanks man
Old 1st February 2018
Lives for gear

Start collabing with other producers. Ideally two others who are good that also use FL so there's a group vibe and you can switch things up. Hang out, have some sports on TV, have fun, don't set expectations too much.

Pretty much every collab ever I've learned something from, even those that go nowhere which is most. Can't go wrong opening yourself to new studio experiences.

Your stuff is good!
Old 3rd February 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
Start collabing with other producers. Ideally two others who are good that also use FL so there's a group vibe and you can switch things up. Hang out, have some sports on TV, have fun, don't set expectations too much.

Pretty much every collab ever I've learned something from, even those that go nowhere which is most. Can't go wrong opening yourself to new studio experiences.

Your stuff is good!
nice yea i just always seem to run into producers who control more than want to collaborate like they rather have me watch em and approve their ideas than me play some stuff out lol

as far as the songs you heard ..what do you feel is lacking so I can improve those areas? when you hear beats like these do u think the producer has a chance of going somewhere or chances are slim?

I respect your honest opinion!
Old 24th February 2019
Here for the gear

The best feeling I had making music was being in the studio and feeding off another's energy while collaborating ideas.

Helps the creative process. I need to get back to that.
Old 24th February 2019
Gear Addict
Not sure why is this a problem? Do you have to change yourself because someone expressed an opinion? What's wrong with "sitting in your basement/bedroom by yourself"?
Do what makes you feel happy, not what makes someone else happy.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search