The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Oktava ripped me off
Old 16th January 2018
Here for the gear

Oktava ripped me off

okej, advice needed here.
I ordered a set of microphones from Oktava Europe in early december. The microphones were not delivered but, against permission, apparently “left in porch” (there is no porch at rhe house so this meant left on the street). The mics were presumably stolen. I contacted Oktava to find out what was going on, and check they had insurance for the package, they sent me a form (in German) to fill in so they could claim insurance money with DHL. I did this, the claim was opened. In the meantime, in good faith, I ordered another mic set and asked that my money for the first order be refunded. they were vague but kind kf refused whilst making me believe they would refund when DHL completed their claim. so, I tried to be patient but I don’t have a lot of money and was £500 down (the second set of mics showed up but the first never did). after some weeks or a month I asked again for my refund and made the point that it is their reaponsibility for the mics to be delivered or for me to get my money, and their insurance claim should be treated separately. they evaded the refund but told me DHL had been in touch and it was being investigated... to cut this short another month went by, I was being patient and trusting them to sort it out but getting no news and no money. The last communication I got from
Oktava, after I again asked for my money or an update, was so brief as “we send DHL 5 emails and wait their reaponse”. nothing else. and over the following weeks when I asked again for my money or some info on the claim, or whether they even tried calling DHL to chase it up
properly, I get no response. they have ignored every email since and even though they made a claim and have a legal responsibility to get me my order or my money, they ignore me. I paid with paypal (my linked visa debit card) so I opened a claim with Paypal after we hit the three month mark since the order, paypal closed the case in Oktava’s favour because Oktava provided them the tracking number which on simple electronic tracking states “delivered”, although Oktava know as well as me that the package was not delivered or signed for but stolen either from the street or by the driver. I email them again during the paypal dispute as paypal advise I “resolve with the seller”, and still Oktava ignore every email whilst I have 30 euro left to
live on...
so, I am aware that they are going against tradig law and I have been advised to take them to a small claims court, this seems a hassle which should not be necessary but £500 is a LOT of money to me and Oktava obciously have no intent of refunding, maybe even keeping the insurance money for themselves.
Has anyone been in such a situation, or know anyone at Oktava? any suggestions on what I should do without having to go through court proceedings? Obviously I should have taken this all up sooner but J really trusted they would fix it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search