The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Facebook Android apps
Old 15th November 2017
Facebook Android apps

I never like the FB android apps, which demand access to every piece of data on your phone. So I just used the phone browser for FB. But without the messenger app you can't read or write private messages.

Or so I thought. It turns out if you turn off java script you can get and send messages. So I turn it off to do messages, then turn it back on for everything else. Silly hack, but it has saved me a lot of frustration...
Old 16th November 2017
Awesome to see other people are like me and refuse to install Crapfest-Data-Leech, I mean... messenger, on their phone. I'd found a workaround for android devices; but never thought to try disabling JS. I will see how to do that, must be possible with Firefox for android.

My workaround? Just hit the menu icon in any browser (works for me in Firefox and the default browser), then choose an option worded like "Force load desktop site". Then you can read and reply to messages as normal.
Old 17th November 2017
Cool. Ill have to look for that.
Old 27th December 2017
Here for the gear

So how we can use it with https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on Android?
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Addict

Honestly, there is no occasion when a FaceBook activity can't wait til I get home and onto my laptop. Really. No need any other time.It's not that important.
Sheesh I even managed to organise my social life and manage ten bands without a mobile phone, imagine that!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search