The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any hacks for staying awake and active after a busy day of 9-5 ?
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

As I've gotten older, I have fought with the same issue.

Apart from the various behaviors that others have suggested (excluding the stupid BS recommencing narcotics, CNS stimulants or unhealthy doeses of caffeine), IMO the best thing to do is just start something creative, at least for 15 minutes. I've found that by that time, I have either started to get into what I'm doing, and am feeling re-invigorated, or everything seem frustrating and a pain in the neck, at which point I have confirmed that tonight is not a good night to work.
Old 2nd December 2017
Gear Addict

Buy a huge spider as a pet. Place it in the studio. Then you won't fall asleep so easily.
Old 4th December 2017
yall aren't Night owls. My problem is winding down period, cause once I'm up I don't get tired till the next day.
if I ever do get tired, I take a break and watch some movies, etc...
Old 17th December 2017
Gear Nut
Eat things that are easy for your own body to digest. The harder it is for your. body to digest, the more energy your body requires to break down the foods. But everyone's body is different, so you'll have to figure out what's easy for you to digest. Especially at dinner, it should be real simple foods otherwise you being already tired combined with having to digest complex foods makes you even more tired at night! Hope that helps!
Old 11th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
These days after getting home from work, doing homework with the kids and then having dinner I'm

Help me to stay awake enough to finish some music!
Whats your way of fighting back!?

Superfoods - The Healthiest Foods on the Planet

by Tonia Reinhard

The absolute best book on Superfoods and biochemicals that I have ever read, ... and I've been a health enthusiast for about 20 years.

The only thing with superfoods and biochemicals though, is you have TOO much energy, and lie awake at night, and are up when nobody else is. That's what happens after about a year or two of eating superfoods everyday.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search