The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cleaning the Microwave
Old 6th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
You can also cook hash browns and french fries with the stuff.

First, pan frying bacon IMO doesn't yield the best results. You'll get burn marks, which is not optimal.

Foolproof method:In an oven, @350, place on a cookie sheet, turn and rotate often while continually draining the rendered fat. Bake until slightly firm, but not to the point they get too crisp.

Place on paper towel above and below, and pat away extra grease on its surface.

Coincidentally, the microwave is a great tool to cook bacon. I prefer a hybrid method where you start baking them the oven, leave them slightly undercooked, and finish them in the microwave, wrapped in paper towels.
Old 6th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Bacon grease may be the best cooking oil of them all, maybe next to duck fat.

Can you imagine french fries cooked in pure strained bacon grease? I'm droolin' over here...
In France it's duck fat on all kinds of stuff. Their frites(fat french fries) are awesome. Actually just about anything cooked in duck fat is really tasty. Though it's probably not a good (or long) life for French ducks.
L.
Old 6th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzo View Post
Though it's probably not a good (or long) life for French ducks.
L.
Ducks have it bad there no doubt...sadly, the geese are probably worse off.
Old 6th October 2017
Lives for gear

I like to cook the eggs in it! I`m more old school though..My wife, turkey bacon and stuff..yuk. I want the real thing or I don`t want anything! That goes with almost everything(except certain amp sims) in my life.
Old 6th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzo View Post
In France it's duck fat on all kinds of stuff. Their frites(fat french fries) are awesome. Actually just about anything cooked in duck fat is really tasty. Though it's probably not a good (or long) life for French ducks.
L.
So I assume the "duck press" IS actually pretty popular. At least you`re using all of it. Not like those idiots that cut the fins off and throw the rest back in the water.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search