The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Normal people's exact morning routine? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 24th August 2017
  #31
Gear Guru
 

My exact morning routine:

5:00 AM: go to bed

6:00 - 9:00 AM: continue sleeping

10 AM: sleep some more

12 AM: morning is over, still asleep

usually up by 12:30 - 1:00 PM... might be earlier if I have a class or session scheduled. Extremely early events - doctor's appointment, car repair, might result in simply not going to bed until after the event.
Old 25th August 2017
  #32
Lives for gear
 
Steve G's Avatar
Wake up, get out of bed, drag a comb across my head...
Old 26th August 2017
  #33
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
My exact morning routine:

5:00 AM: go to bed

6:00 - 9:00 AM: continue sleeping

10 AM: sleep some more

12 AM: morning is over, still asleep

usually up by 12:30 - 1:00 PM... might be earlier if I have a class or session scheduled. Extremely early events - doctor's appointment, car repair, might result in simply not going to bed until after the event.
Oh wait. I just realized the thread was about "normal" people's morning routine. That leaves me out.


Never mind.
Old 22nd September 2017
  #34
Lives for gear
 
James Lehmann's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheDog View Post
Get up around 5, have a piss, make a coffee and start work.

Defacate around 7 then shower.

Breakfast around 9.

7 days a week
As an example of contemporary poetry I think this rates very highly!

Are you sure you're in the right business?
Old 22nd September 2017
  #35
Lives for gear
 
BobTheDog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann View Post
As an example of contemporary poetry I think this rates very highly!

Are you sure you're in the right business?

Pretty sure I'm not to be honest, It hasn't gone to plan anyway but that's life.
Old 25th October 2017
  #36
Cannabis
Caffeine
Nicotine
Gearslutz
Bed
Old 25th October 2017
  #37
Lives for gear
^^ Ah yes..i should've realised, cos any decent slut would fire the gear up first.
Old 1 week ago
  #38
Gear Maniac
 
The Warmth's Avatar
 

I'm inspired by people like Tim Ferriss and Jon Kwik for my morning which is waking up (with a sunrise emulator light for winter), glass of water to rehydrate, coffee while I write daily tasks/goals, yoga or run, breakfast, shower, work! No internet/social media during this hour. The 20min morning yoga and no social media have been amazing for my mind/body and the whole routine for motivation. Sometimes great ideas come from staring out the window at the dawn - not into my phone.

Last edited by The Warmth; 1 week ago at 02:12 PM..
Old 1 week ago
  #39
I use a sunlight emulator alarm clock
Old 1 week ago
  #40
Lives for gear
 
Sigma's Avatar
check smartphone
take a few vapes
pee
sh!t
shower
shave
egg white on toast..diet Pepsi or ice tea
studio computer on at 8 am [live in row home]
emails
check social media and websites
work
didn't include dress as i'm the naked mixer
Old 1 week ago
  #41
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
egg white on toast..diet Pepsi
null test?

I can relate, I use to smoke right after an intense workout.

Btw, the yolk is the most nutritious part of the egg.
While it's true that egg whites are also very good for you, is fat and cholesterol free, and has many vitamins, minerals and whatnot, without the yolk, you're missing out on fat-soluble vitamins, essential fatty acids and other things the whites don't have.

It's also conjecture, whether ingested cholesterol has any discernible effects on overall blood cholesterol levels. In short, the egg is the perfect food, and if skipping the yolk, you're only giving yourself the nutritional short shrift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
didn't include dress as i'm the naked mixer
Dude, eww...
Old 1 week ago
  #42
Lives for gear
 

Old 1 week ago
  #43
Gear Addict
 

6:30 Wake up, hit snooze
6:45 Wake up, think about hitting snooze, but get up anyway. Bathroom, shower quickly.
7:15 Take twin 2 year olds downstairs to change butts and dress them for school while 6 year old is getting dressed and wife is making their lunches
7:30 Yell upstairs to 6 year old "Hey, hurry up, get dressed!"
7:40 Feed the children
8:05 Leave for school
8:15 High five my wife because we successfully wrangled three children to school yet again
8:30 Return to house, make some breakfast and tea, enjoy a little bit of quiet with the wife. Seriously, we'll sit there in total silence and just relish it.
9:00 Brush teeth, take medicine, do anything else I didn't have time for while scrambling to get ready earlier
9:30 Hit the studio, turn on the gear, check email and get to work
Old 1 week ago
  #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
null test?

I can relate, I use to smoke right after an intense workout.

Btw, the yolk is the most nutritious part of the egg.
While it's true that egg whites are also very good for you, is fat and cholesterol free, and has many vitamins, minerals and whatnot, without the yolk, you're missing out on fat-soluble vitamins, essential fatty acids and other things the whites don't have.

It's also conjecture, whether ingested cholesterol has any discernible effects on overall blood cholesterol levels. In short, the egg is the perfect food, and if skipping the yolk, you're only giving yourself the nutritional short shrift.



Dude, eww...
I quit social smoking years ago when I began my distance cycling in earnest, but after becoming ill, wanted - needed - that nicotine buzz again, and welcomed vaping as a healthier alternative, since I still walk and attempt to maintain my health.

However 12tone is straight on the money. Whole eggs are the only way to fly. I eat a boiled egg for breakfast every morning and my cholesterol is well below 200. Blood cholesterol is in the DNA, and reflects very little change with dietary manipulation. Usually the docs just want to get your body reliant on some damned drug. Not this mother humper, uh-uh.

I did my share of drugs in the 70s.

Last edited by johnny nowhere; 1 week ago at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Flashback.
Old 1 week ago
  #45
Lives for gear
 
Sigma's Avatar
im doing it for the calories im on probation for 6 months and can't party so i have been drinking a six of dbl IPA's a day at 9-11 % abv a bottle ..so i got fat as orson wells …just started a diet..no beer or wine
..probation ends in 3 weeks..

Last edited by Sigma; 1 week ago at 07:39 PM..
Mentioned Products
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump