The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Binural tuning-meditation
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

Binural tuning-meditation

Hack : there are many skeptics in regards to this and some think its new-agy fluff, so I've got my flame suit on .. I've been using self-created isochronic and binaural tones with white noise in sessions of about 20min length and highly recommend it especially for music oriented folks. the benefits are of traditional meditation and mindfulness yet its a shortcut, and as an additional benefit it helps adjust/balance my hearing before, during or after a session. Losing objectivity in sessions can skew great results or just not vibing, this is one way to quickly , restart, re-establish the minds true perspective .. just like one tunes a guitar or sings scales , breath exercises before a performance , or restarting your computer... same idea.. engineers-producers can tune their minds and ears.. it works.. try it

Id recommend reading up bit on the science behind it which is widely available .. also id stay away from commercially sold ones with birds or new age background music, nonsense, pure tones chosen and designed by yours truly after a little research, trial and error is the way to go.

Gnaural: A Binaural-Beat Audio Generator

PS finding a freq from which to start, the base from where to design ? should be the freq that ones voice resonates the most, another words, the closest and most comfortable tone you produce when chanting, humming if you sing up and down, eventually youll find one that feels just right for some odd reason, it'll resonate the most, one you automatically come back to because it feels comfortable.. thats your reference freq/tone you can build upon, modulate

Last edited by maks; 11th April 2017 at 01:19 AM..
Old 29th April 2017
Gear Maniac

interesting, thanks!
Old 19th June 2017
Gear Guru

this is cool .. i sometimes put on 528 pure tone for sleeping !!! have seen a few binaural youtube videos but they all , as you say, have music or birds along with the tones .. i downloaded Gnaural and will check it out .. thx
Old 19th June 2017
I get into a similar state of mind when playing my synths.
Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I get into a similar state of mind when playing my synths.
very similar yes. this is just more targeted from a purely scientific approach.
Old 20th June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by maks View Post
very similar yes. this is just more targeted from a purely scientific approach.
One of these days, I'm going to try out one of those gizmos.
Old 30th June 2017
I had an interesting experience testing mind machines in the 90's: I was convinced the metronome I heard (through headphones) had slowed down...it hadn't...my experience of time had slowed down! The white LED's flashing in the sunglasses appeared to change through several colours...but that again, was just my experience - the LED's were always white.
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear

this one is interesting, based on actual science made by neurosurgeons.. anyone care to try and report back ? https://experiencenervana.com
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

What is time machine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
I had an interesting experience testing mind machines in the 90's: I was convinced the metronome I heard (through headphones) had slowed down...it hadn't...my experience of time had slowed down! The white LED's flashing in the sunglasses appeared to change through several colours...but that again, was just my experience - the LED's were always white.
Old 1st May 2018
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayskura View Post
What is time machine?
I've never used a time machine; only the 'mind machines' (usually based on binaural beats) and the Dream Machine (based on the Magic Lantern and further developed by Ian Sommerville and later Bryon Gysin).
AFAIK 'time machines' are a concept based on an AI running on a transistor network; current concepts of 'time machines' are based on 5G telecommunications, quantum computers, and cyclotron networks.

I don't think one can go back in time but obviously it's possible to influence future events; Isaac Asimov, the sci-fi writer, wrote a series about 'the Foundation' in which a form of biological mathematics called 'psychohistory' is used to determine future events and outcomes; this is definitely in use today.

Last edited by Arthur Stone; 7th May 2018 at 04:33 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search