The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DIY strawberry planter
Old 10th April 2017
Lives for gear

DIY strawberry planter

Here is my diy strawberry planter I built yesterday, its two 10 ft gutters that are attached to 2" pipe straps that I bent to saddle the cyclone fence, then I dilled some holes on the bottom for drainage.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY strawberry planter-20170410_122835.jpg  
Old 12th April 2017
Nice project! Pls post the strawberry plants when they are growing.
Old 2nd May 2017
The strawberries should have bloomed by now, any word.
Old 7th May 2017
Lives for gear

Nice! I`ve tried to grow strawberries in a large pot 2 years in a row with very little luck. My jalapenos and bell peppers are GREAT though!
Old 14th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaMusic View Post
Nice! I`ve tried to grow strawberries in a large pot 2 years in a row with very little luck. My jalapenos and bell peppers are GREAT though!
A few years ago I was contemplating planting a garden. This lady at work had brought some tomatoes from her garden and was giving them away. We began talking about what was involved in raising a garden and the following day she gave me a whole bunch of seeds to get started.

I have the seeds somewhere in a box. Perhaps when I find them, I may try my hand at it.

I'm still curious about @ Audiospacific2 strawberry plantation
Old 16th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
A few years ago I was contemplating planting a garden. This lady at work had brought some tomatoes from her garden and was giving them away. We began talking about what was involved in raising a garden and the following day she gave me a whole bunch of seeds to get started.

I have the seeds somewhere in a box. Perhaps when I find them, I may try my hand at it.

I'm still curious about @ Audiospacific2 strawberry plantation
I`m in Texas, so I have planters of Jalapenos every summer. They are already growing, and good sized, but they are not like "hot" yet. The hotness of a jalapeno depends on soil temp, which is why I put them in planters. When it gets 100+ every day in the summer, here pretty soon, those things are BURNING hot, as I have them above ground, it heats up the whole pot. BUT I have to water them everyday. My wife makes some "holy crap" salsa during the summer(we`re not there yet).
Old 16th May 2017
Quote:
I`m in Texas, so I have planters of Jalapenos every summer. They are already growing, and good sized, but they are not like "hot" yet. The hotness of a jalapeno depends on soil temp, which is why I put them in planters. When it gets 100+ every day in the summer, here pretty soon, those things are BURNING hot, as I have them above ground, it heats up the whole pot. BUT I have to water them everyday. My wife makes some "holy crap" salsa during the summer(we`re not there yet).
Post some pics of your Jalapenos planters. Interesting stuff about the temp!
Old 17th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Post some pics of your Jalapenos planters. Interesting stuff about the temp!
Here`s one. I use organic soil so the dogs won`t leave it alone(yuk) so I have to block it with wire. These peppers are NOT hot(to me) at all. Not yet. Wait until it`s 110 degrees and we`ll be making bets.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY strawberry planter-plant.jpg  
Old 17th May 2017
Lives for gear

I had to replant because the roots I got at walmart didn't come up, but these I got from the local greenhouse seem to be doing well:
Attached Thumbnails
DIY strawberry planter-20170516_080552.jpg  
Old 19th May 2017
Quote:
Here`s one. I use organic soil so the dogs won`t leave it alone(yuk) so I have to block it with wire. These peppers are NOT hot(to me) at all. Not yet. Wait until it`s 110 degrees and we`ll be making bets.
Sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiospacific2 View Post
I had to replant because the roots I got at walmart didn't come up, but these I got from the local greenhouse seem to be doing well:
Best wishes with this batch!
Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

Dig the idea
Please report back with end results!
Old 8th July 2017
Quote:
Wild strawberries are amongst the easiest fruiting plant to cultivate; able to grow from seed: Line the paths with hundreds of Alpine strawberries - Telegraph

I haven't grown them myself as they grow wild here...propagated and naturally fertilized by birds and animals!

My favourites are Myrtleberries....similar to a small blueberry and tasting like Wrigleys Juicy Fruit chewing gum. They grow on the lower slopes of the mountains. We also have a lot of wild blackberries that grow in hedgerows.
Old 16th November 2017
Hehe, nice one !

Did not expect to find this on GS
Old 30th November 2017
Looks like the OP left us all in suspense.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search