The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Lexicon Model 200 Digital Reverberator is an economical, general purpose digital reverberation device designed for recording studios, musicians, film/video production houses, and broadcasters. lts versatility and high quality are the result of Lexicon’s extensive experience with digital audio. The Lexicon Model 200 is carefully engineered to the same exacting standards that have earned Lexicon worldwide praise for its professional and broadcast digital audio products. The Lexicon Model 200 is a two-in, two-out all-electronic digital system; its advanced technology brings you: Six different Reverb programs (expandable) most with 10 factory preset variations – in full stereo. Size control – dramatically increasing the versatility of each program. Adjustable pre-delay and reverb time. Selectable pre-echoes, diffusion, reverb time contour, and roll off. On-board mixing. Programmable nonvolatile memory for storing up to 10 user modifications with instant recall. Human-engineered panel controls for easy, intuitive operation. Remote control functions for stage performances. Input level switch to accommodate a wide range of instruments and input sources. Balanced input and output connections with a maximum level of +24 dBm. In the recording studio, the 200 performs all the functions of conventional reverb units, with the wide dynamic range and high sonic quality expected of Lexicon digital equipment. In addition, the Lexicon Model 200’s Hall and Chamber programs create realistic acoustic environments that, coupled with the size control, add emotional context to sound through associations with specific halls, chambers, or rooms. Using the Lexicon Model 200’s remote control functions, stage performers can step through preset reverb effects, use an input mute to capture-and sustain notes or chords, and control reverb time to change an effect during a performance. Vocalists and instrumentalists will find the 200 useful in stage-monitoring systems, and it can improve house systems on all instruments from vocals to drums. As a sound reinforcement tool, the 200 can alter hall acoustics – increasing the apparent size and volume of a performance space and greatly expanding its versatility. For film/video producers and broadcasters, the 200 can match studio-recorded dialog and effects to the ambience of a location recording and create reverb enhancements for special effects. It greatly adds to the impact of a given scene by placing the sound inlan appropriate acoustic context; in addition, the Lexicon Model 200 can increase the apparent loudness of dry recordings without increasing peak levels. Every effort has gone into making the 200 perform to the highest industry standards. Specifications Released: 1983 Frequency Response: 20Hz-10kHz Dynamic Range: 84dB THD: 0.04%

Discussions

Lo-fi reverb rack units with character?

Found some good deals lately on a Yamaha REV7 and a Lexicon Model 200. I'm not familiar with these so I read up a bit and found the REV7 is claimed to be quite grainy sounding. Descriptions place it in the same sort of realm as the Korg DRV1000 if they can be counted...

View Post

God, how I hate the Fender-Rhodes. However...

The Wurlitzer 200 from 1968 - 1974 (I have a '69 and used to have a '72) did NOT have a vactrol based tremolo - it has a voltage controlled volume modulation which sounds quite different. The piano playing the descending intervals on "Riders" sound nothing like either of my Wurlitzers - but it does sound...

View Post

Lexicon 200 and battery replacement

Not to dig up an old thread, but I found Varta 55615-703-012 recommended as a replacement for the original Gates Data Sentry battery supplied with the Model 200. 55615-703-012 Varta Mempac 3.6v

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?