The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Ten of the best microphones for recording kick drums

The best sound I've heard from a kick drum mic is the Lewitt DTP 640 REX. This thing is kind of expensive, but sounds amazing. Th two mic options are just brilliant. I highly recommend it.

View Post

Good $200 all-around dynamic mic mainly for snare?

...experimental stuff. What I've narrowed my list down to, with best impression at the top: Heil PR30 (great hi-hat rejection I hear) Lewitt DTP 640 rex (dual diaphragm options plus -20db integrated pad) Sennheiser e935 (good specs) Sennheiser e906 (good specs) Beyerdynamic TG V71D (hipass for proximity effect) AKG D7 (looked good on specs) Telefunken M80 (hear good things balanced with okay...

View Post

Lewitt MTP550 dynamic mic.

...have performed well, but the big standouts for me have been the MTP550 dynamic, MTP940 condenser, and the dual element DTP 640 REX dynamic/condenser microphones. They stand out because they don't just perform well, they are head and shoulders above other mics in their class in my opinion...these are the microphones that people...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

DTP 640 REX Double capsule for twice the kick Thanks to its Dual-Element Technology and fine-tuned frequency responses the DTP 640 REX offers unparalleled, powerful sound that will impress drummers and sound engineers alike. The DTP 640 REX is equipped with a high-quality dynamic element and a condenser element – the dynamic element ensures accurate reproduction of the bass drum kick, while the condenser element captures the rich low frequency sound of the drum’s shell. In order to guarantee full control over the two elements, they can be mixed, each using its own channel. The DTP 640 REX provides 3 sound-shaping modes: "Linear" captures the sound in a natural way. "Dynamic Enhanced Frequency Response" has the dynamic element boosts frequencies between 3 and 5 kHz while the condenser stays neutral. "Dual Enhanced Frequency Response" delivers the ultimate full-bodied sound by having the dynamic element focuses on the 3 and 5 kHz-range while the condenser element focuses on frequencies from 70 to 150 Hz to deliver full body sound. Each element has its output! Combining these features with the comprehensive tonal freedom of Dual-Element Technology opens up a wide range of use, turning the DTP 640 REX into a universal tool for bass-heavy applications.