The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

CM7-GT and 2247 LE samples

...a U47 has an advantage from the word go. It's rare to see comparisons with the Gefell 92.1 or the Lawson 47...

View Post

Looking for best vocal condenser used under $1k

New: I suggest looking at advanced Audio. Clones of good tube mics for just under $1K. Used: You can find beat up TLM170. Groove Tubes MD1a, Sony C48, Lawson 47 all worth 1K if you can find them for that.

View Post

Who really owns a u87ai and can give me a clear review

I would venture to say they did both, and ended up with about the same quality mic, but it's not really the same mic. I have the same thought about mic's and cost. So I ended up with: Advanced Audio CM67/47/12 Groove tubes MD1a/MD3/MD6 Lawson 47 Soundelux U95S all my tube LDC's Each was $1K to $2K

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

The L47FET is an ideal replacement for the original Neumann 47FET that was produced until the mid 1980s and was favored for recording bass drum. With its small profile and rugged design, you'll love the way the Lawson L47FET fits easily into tight spaces like bass drum. With its ability to withstand high sound pressure levels (155 dB SPL with -20 dB pad), the L47FET is the perfect choice for bass drum, overheads, trumpet, Marshall stacks, and the like. But don't let its small profile fool you! The Lawson L47FET uses the same Quick Change™ capsule featured in the award-winning L47MPII microphone. One voiceover customer recently referred to his L47FET as his "MIGHTY MIC." Every time he sends a finished product off to a producer, he receives praise and raves. Translation: more jobs/more pay days. Everyone wants to know his secret. But we're not telling. Shhhh . . . it's a secret. Seriously, the L47FET is great for any male or female vocal project: singing, speaking, yelling, whispering, gurgling, gasping, wowing, wooing . . . next time you want to woo your gal or guy, do it through a Lawson. Oh yeah! L47FET includes: • Lawson L47MPII Quick Change™ Capsule • Lawson FET Electronics • Swivel Mic Holder • Pelican Carrying Case • Operating Instructions • One Year Warranty extended to five years with product registration