The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wanna Hire Producer With Experience in Psytrance
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Wanna Hire Producer With Experience in Psytrance

Hi guys!

This is the solution I came up with to speed things up, I will be acting like an Executive Producer.

I'm lagging behind with my production and missing oportunities, and I'm at a point now that I can't focus 100% only in music. I'm building the foundation for my future, to be financially free and independent, not being a slave. So, in the last months I've been laser focused educating myself to become a pro trader, this is my life now, and music production (which was already going very slow) has almost reached a halt. Music is my passion and finishing my psytrance album is my dream and I wanna travel the world playing in festivals, and the trading carreer will boost that.

So, I'm looking for a producer which I will hire to finish the tracks for me. I'm gonna create the seed for inception. I'm gonna give the producer a starter kit, with the idea of the track, name, samples, and a reference track. The role of this producer will be to finish the track using everything provided, and I will give the thumbs up or down, and help along the way with some insights. This is not a difficult task. We are gonna work one track at a time, after finishing one, you receive next pack.

The mix doesn't need to be perfect, and no mastering needed. I can finish the mix and do the mastering here.

I just wanna reinforce that this is not a collab proposal, the tracks will be my intellectual property, I'm only hiring the manual labor. Gonna prep a nice contract for this.

If you are interested, please PM me, or post here in this thread, send me your soundcloud profile, etc... Then I can start the selection process.

This will be fun!

Last edited by pointsource; 23rd March 2017 at 04:54 PM..
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Manual Labour
Old 23rd March 2017
Gear Guru

get in contact with member name > 'undertow' here, he is pretty slick with his psytrance productions..
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
get in contact with member name > 'undertow' here, he is pretty slick with his psytrance productions..
Thanks mate!!

Haha it seems that are people here still drowned in their egos. They need to listen more psytrance!
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
Manual Labour
Exactly, the thinking part and most of the creation part is my role. I will oversee the production and make sure it's up to my standards. Do you wanna work, need money? I hire you.

As I said before, I'm gonna provide the idea, elements, and a reference track for structure... If this is not manual labor, I don't know what it is... I don't have time for chopping and slicing, basic EQ, Compress, Etc... Arranging the track: that's the purpose of the reference track, you don't even need to think, just copy/paste strucutre. All the boring stuff.

Basically, I will be providing lots of unfinished tracks I have.

If you are gonna post stuff not related to the topic, just refrain from participating, please.
Old 23rd March 2017
Deleted User
Old 23rd March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointsource View Post
Exactly, the thinking part and most of the creation part is my role. I will oversee the production and make sure it's up to my standards. Do you wanna work, need money? I hire you.

As I said before, I'm gonna provide the idea, elements, and a reference track for structure... If this is not manual labor, I don't know what it is... I don't have time for chopping and slicing, basic EQ, Compress, Etc... Arranging the track: that's the purpose of the reference track, you don't even need to think, just copy/paste strucutre. All the boring stuff.

Basically, I will be providing lots of unfinished tracks I have.

If you are gonna post stuff not related to the topic, just refrain from participating, please.

Why don't you make EDM or uplifting trance and stick with that bunch of ghost producers and those who hire them?
Not very spiritual is it now - polluting a beautiful scene with this sort of practices....just because you are too lazy.....

Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Maybe what you really need is a collaboration partner. Often in such collabs, the people have different tasks.
But ofc they share credits.
You know, not being egoistical about the whole 'I wrote this and my part is more important !' thing...

Judging from what you write, it could very well be you writing the melodies (or whatever Psytrance is today, I haven't been to a Goa party since 1998) and your partner creating sounds, doing a dancefloor arrangement and nerding away with producing. Find somebody and really team up, the sum can be greater than it's parts...
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Hey OP -

Practices like this are exactly why dance music in general has devolved into a soul-less sh!tshow.
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

You guys are clearly slaves of the ego.

Haha it's funny how you call me less spiritual or whatever you are trying to say about my character, you don't even know me.

I'm not lazy, very much the opposite.

Now, an Executive Producer and a Director are lazy and have no soul, because they didn't create a movie all by themselves? pssss

If I wanted to make a collab, I would ask for. I'm not opposed to this idea, tough.

Ghost producers? I'm not hiding or lying or anything, I'm here asking for help, and offering money.

It's an exchange of favors, I'm hiring skill. Some people need money, others need time. Time is money.

I won't write again what is crystal clear on the OP, I think that are some people who are just stuck in their tiny worlds, they can't see the bigger picture. This music scene is so full of inflamed egos, I tend to be very away from this kind of people, I'm not an ass licker, I do not massage other's egos.

Clearly when we get this type of mockery response is because people somehow feel butthurt for whatever reason, it's a triggered response. Go pray and meditate, don't judge.

And if there is something that ruins the scene is the EDM ****, and even worst, "artists" trying to make a breed of EDM with some dubstep sounds into psytrance, call it prog or full on, **** this ****.

I already have 3 PMs offering to help so, clearly some more evolved spirits get it.

And I'm not doing the music stuff for money, I'm doing it for love so, shush. I don't even care about getting paid, I care about going around the globe raising vibration and awareness about the truth, that's why I'm focused more on trading right now cause I can live anywhere and work a couple of hours a day from the internet.

Last edited by pointsource; 23rd March 2017 at 10:42 PM..
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Here is one example, this is one of my tracks, I will be sending tracks like this, or a bit less complete, and a reference track. As you can see, the tracks will be almost ready, but not quite there:

Zippyshare.com - Valian - Stargate Metaphysics (Original Mix)(3).wav
Old 23rd March 2017
My name is Noah Richardson. I come from the old school Goa years as both a listener and a producer, since 1996.
I've worked with the likes of Colin OOOD, Manmademan, Twisted Travellers Ramon Stermon and I'm currently US tour manager for Drezz Nervasystem.
My background is Goa/psy. You can find my music on YT, SC, under Carbilicon, RD Sunrise, Nagus and Comet People.
If I sound interesting, let me know.
Noah
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbilicon View Post
My name is Noah Richardson. I come from the old school Goa years as both a listener and a producer, since 1996.
I've worked with the likes of Colin OOOD, Manmademan, Twisted Travellers Ramon Stermon and I'm currently US tour manager for Drezz Nervasystem.
My background is Goa/psy. You can find my music on YT, SC, under Carbilicon, RD Sunrise, Nagus and Comet People.
If I sound interesting, let me know.
Noah
Hi Noah! Thanks for your input. When I get to my studio gonna give a proper listening to your work.
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

I know I was snarky with my first response, but if your "reference tracks" are going to be as fully produced and complete as the track you provided, I can't imagine why you'd need a ghost producer. To be clear, I'm saying this as a compliment.
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTByrd View Post
I know I was snarky with my first response, but if your "reference tracks" are going to be as fully produced and complete as the track you provided, I can't imagine why you'd need a ghost producer. To be clear, I'm saying this as a compliment.
It's alright. Thanks.

Well, mostly wont be THAT complete, this was the nicest I got to show where I am going in terms of style. The reference tracks are gonna be tracks from artists I admire and get inspiration from, they will serve as reference point for structure, momentum/energy build up and release that I like.
Old 24th March 2017
You could be a ghost producer yourself. If you churn out tunes like this in a couple of days, earning $500-$700 a tune, you'd be wealthy soon enough. But I guess you're after the glory that comes with the music.
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Your stuff already sounds very well produced!
Old 24th March 2017
Gear Head

Just a suggestion .. if your true purpose is infact to spread good vibrations and raise awareness, and to improve or contribute to the scene in a positive way in general, then why not start a label instead.

Afaik, there are plenty of talented and creative psytrance producers out there who could do with a little more financial stability. With your own label, you could still steer it in the direction you want, while simultaneously helping other artists that match your preference and the scene to grow. You could also produce your own tracks in your own time. Imho, this would be a much more positive, and dare I say "cleaner" way to go about things, if you already have or are actively pursuing building the necessary financial stability first. I may be wrong, but the other alternative seems more attached to individual glory and in that way is more ego driven.
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
You guys are clearly slaves of the ego.
Quote:
I just wanna reinforce that this is not a collab proposal, the tracks will be my intellectual property, I'm only hiring the manual labor.
Quote:
I will oversee the production and make sure it's up to my standards.
Quote:
and I wanna travel the world playing in festivals
Quote:
Haha it seems that are people here still drowned in their egos.
Cool story, bro....
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Just out of curiosity - are you paying a flat rate per track completed, paying per hour, or paying based on the success/sales of the completed track?
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
Just out of curiosity - are you paying a flat rate per track completed, paying per hour, or paying based on the success/sales of the completed track?

It's funny how people just post in this thread based on their vision of what they think is right... What is right for you may be different for me.

It's also funny how people post stuff and looks like they haven't even read what have been posted.

I don't like this term, ghost producer. Why the producer I'm hiring would be a ghost? I'm not asking for him to hide or anything, I'm on a PUBLIC forum asking if someone wants to work, there's no secrecy. And why on Earth I would want to be a ghost producer? Has anyone read what have been posted?

Perhaps in the future I will create a label, but my idea was to create a label/website which offered music for free, in wav. I even thought about free spirit records, but this exists already.

Did anyone read the part I said I don't care about the money I make in music, and IF I make any? I'm not in this for the money. I want to release an album in a label which has the artists I admire, but I don't care about the sales. If it's hard to make people listen music for free, what can you tell me about making them pay? And for underground music? Who makes money with undergound music sale?

I'm paying whatever the artists charges, I'm not the one dictating the salary, as long it is reasonable, I'm sure both sides will come to a nice deal. This is something I will discuss with the producer, we could agree on a track by track fee, or a number of tracks.

I'm perfectly aware I have the skills to finish tracks... The one I posted here I don't think it's finished, and most of the projects I wante finished are not nearly half as this one done, I have the kick going on in key with the bass, the bass Idea and some melodies for the track, the name of the tracks and sampled speeches, which I have been gathering over the last 4 years.

If I had the time I could finish a track every week, If I could sit for 5, 6 hours a day in the studio, but I can't. The one I posted here took me almost two months, and it's not there yet, and took all this time cause right now I can have the luxury of spending an afternoon saturday or sunday. In this rythm I'm gonna take a year to finish 8 tracks, even more. I need all of them ready til june, july. Hiring someone who can stay on the studio the whole day to finsh them will help me.

LOL some of you must be very annoying to work with, those people who thinks that if you don't synthesize every sound in the music, you are "cheating" lol, give me a break:

-"Hey man, check this kick!!"
-"No, cheater, take a sinewave and pitchbend , let's create our kick (spends 5 hours creating kick)
-"Hey man, this snare is good, let's use it"
-"No cheater, are you crazy? Use white noise and amp envelope (adds distort plugs, +whatever, spends more 5 hours creating snare)."
-"Hey man. checks this killer acid psychedelic lead preset"
_"No cheater, are you insane? (clicks init preset and spends more 10 hours trying to get close to the same sound in the preset)"

If that's your thing, hey, go for it. I want things done fast and effective.

Now, if you think the tracks aren't mine, you are crazy. They only exist because of me and my ideas, I'm the spirit making things happen, setting this in motion and materialization in this world, using whatever means I find necessary. I look for fast, effective and alternative ways to make my work done.
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Another example:

Let's picture I have an idea to create whatever product. So, If I don't go to the engineering college, marketing college, design college and get a degree, If I don't build a factory from the ground up to build the product, If I don't operate the machines in the factory by myself, If I don't drive the truck to take the product to the store and sell it myself, then I'm cheating lol, I have no soul and the product is not my idea. ok...
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

---

Last edited by whatever17; 29th March 2017 at 05:40 PM..
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

---

Last edited by whatever17; 29th March 2017 at 05:40 PM..
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmonkey View Post
i think you're in the spirit of doing things that were done and dusted
15 years ago.

around 96, a couple of friends were working as a production team, one
was a DJ, with the drive, ideas, contacts, and the other was the gear-owner,
technically sussed. they used to do a 9-5 week, pretty much, and churn out
tracks in a few days, putting them out through a couple of labels. you could
say that the engineer of the two was putting more into it - they had a split
that reflected his ownership of the gear - but in fact nothing would have
happened if it wasn't for the DJ guy, who was always out and about meeting
people and making things happen. 20 years on, the engineer guy decides he'll do
the gigs by himself and take ownership of the act name, 'because he did all the
work'. but they were both sat there, making decisions on what went down,
every day.

i mean, people coined that term 'generic' THEN. is your assumption about
knocking out arrangements based on the fact that 32bar of this, then
32bars of that, ad hoc, is 'manual labour'? judgement about the mix,
manual labour? so when you push the trading button, guided by a load of
software, that's manual labour too? so how much are you PAYING? !!!
where's the MONEY?
Well, I have all that, I was a DJ from 2004 to 2009 playing psytrance at lots of raves and clubs, here, I already have all the contacts I need, the drive, etc... I'm making my music, I'm making things happen.

This thread is about hiring someone to work, either you accept it or not, move on. I ask the moderator to delete bickering posts, please, Reptil? If I want collab, I ask for collab, If I want someone to work for me, I hire. As I said in a post you probably didn't read, I don't need mixing decisions, the mix and mastering I will do myself. Yes, deconstructing a full loop and using a reference track to put it together is manual labor, in my eyes.

Well, so far 1 nice guy came and offered his services in public, while 6 others sent PMs but didn't post in this thread. It's clear how this narrow thinking puts pressure on people to operate in the shadows, afraid of being harassed by psychological bullies like the sorts of you. Forces some people to be hypocrites. You people need to grow up and learn to accept.
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmonkey View Post
reminds me of a cowboy who popped up on one of the plugin
groups, offering money for someone to make his plugin. turned
out he wanted a whole collection, of quite boring-sounding
plugin ideas, and to hog all the time that author would have
for their own creative work, whilst offering NO money upfront,
only a 'royalty cut' (that remained undefined), and demanding
all source files for the work. not a safe way to spend your time.

anyway, the guy did make his way, and established his site,
but it sounded as if he spent more time in VIP rooms than in
a studio. (people tend to return from a good weekend with all
kinds of ideas sometimes)
There are people with the brains, money and ideas, and make things happen, and there are the ones who keeps bitching in envy.
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Forces some people to be hypocrites. You people need to grow up and learn to accept.
It's just that it's hilarious that you tell people (twice!) to drop their ego while you're basically asking someone to help you fullfill your own ego.

And now you start about people being hypocrites.
There is just so much fail in that...
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

---

Last edited by whatever17; 29th March 2017 at 05:41 PM..
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer View Post
It's just that it's hilarious that you tell people (twice!) to drop their ego while you're basically asking someone to help you fullfill your own ego.

And now you start about people being hypocrites.
There is just so much fail in that...
This has nothing to do with ego, you must study more.

This is my spiritual mission, but maybe those topics are beyond your grasp. I don't need to make money with music, it will be the opposite, I will inject money energy to make it happen and spread it around, help the people I can, along the way.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search