The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Setting up a live electronic event in South London - anyone interested in playing?
Old 15th February 2017
Gear Addict

Setting up a live electronic event in South London - anyone interested in playing?

Hi,

[Firstly, sorry Mods, not sure where best to post this, if allowed at all... it is specifically about electronic music, but please move it where it's meant to be...]

I'm setting up an electronic night at a venue in Tooting, south London and am looking for people/acts with sets to play. Interested?

The emphasis is using hardware live so no laptops, no DJs, it's not a club night, more like an informal gig night, but focusing on electronic music.

Other instruments ok too, but want to avoid big band setups.

You don't have to be super pro, just be musically/sonically interesting.

Date will depend on having enough interest artists, but should then have a few options.

Will you be paid? Probably not, but equally you won't be asked to drum up a crowd and sell tickets, so just focus on enjoying it.

Get in touch if you'd be interested in playing!

Urgento

Last edited by Urgento; 28th February 2017 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: too wordy
Old 28th February 2017
Gear Addict

Bump. Anyone interested?

Cheers.
Old 28th February 2017
Lives for gear

I might be but I do funk stuff so the beats and synths are on a backing track whilst there's a couple guitarists going. It's not necessarily that electronic I suppose.
Old 28th February 2017
Zero free time right now, but subscribed to thread and wrote myself a note to check back in around mid april. Good luck!
Old 28th February 2017
Lives for gear

Not ready yet, but I am getting a solo thing together with looper pedals, Taurus 3 pedals and guitar.

I'll definitely turn up as a punter though so let us know as I'm not far away in Camberwell.
Old 28th February 2017
I'm interested drop me a pm
Old 28th February 2017
Gear Addict

If you can accommodate a drummer and are still running in 6 months my project will be ready by then.
Old 28th February 2017
Lives for gear

Would love to do it, especially since my singer is in the UK. Alas, I am not. I'm stuck in the remote regions of LA.
Old 28th February 2017
Lives for gear

What venue and when is the first one ?
Sounds like fun
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminIAm View Post
I might be but I do funk stuff so the beats and synths are on a backing track whilst there's a couple guitarists going. It's not necessarily that electronic I suppose.
No doubt your music is sweet, but I wanted this to be focused around synths or other gear primarily. If you think of a way of doing that then cool, why not have some electro-funk thing going on!
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanclarke View Post
Zero free time right now, but subscribed to thread and wrote myself a note to check back in around mid april. Good luck!
Thanks for the positive vibes!
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by once was... View Post
Not ready yet, but I am getting a solo thing together with looper pedals, Taurus 3 pedals and guitar.

I'll definitely turn up as a punter though so let us know as I'm not far away in Camberwell.
Cool, stay in touch, that's an interesting setup your shaping.
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_e View Post
I'm interested drop me a pm
Will do.
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansaispirits View Post
If you can accommodate a drummer and are still running in 6 months my project will be ready by then.
Might just about be ready myself by then!
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
Would love to do it, especially since my singer is in the UK. Alas, I am not. I'm stuck in the remote regions of LA.
Man, where is this 'LA' you speak of? Sounds rustic.
Old 1st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urgento View Post
No doubt your music is sweet, but I wanted this to be focused around synths or other gear primarily. If you think of a way of doing that then cool, why not have some electro-funk thing going on!
There's certainly hints of that but not exclusively so. I ain't really got a live worthy synth rig anymore either, I can see what you're trying to set up but I'm not into sequencing stuff live. And you try finding keyboard players that wanna do original music in Brum... lol :D

Still fair play for setting this up, hope you can pull it off man
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
What venue and when is the first one ?
Sounds like fun
It's a bit chicken and egg right now - I have to basically have something, some acts, to offer them and then we can discuss dates.

If you're interested please can you send me a link to some material and I can send them a few links of our stuff together so they know what the theme is, then I think they'll offer a couple of different dates over the next couple of months.
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminIAm View Post
There's certainly hints of that but not exclusively so. I ain't really got a live worthy synth rig anymore either, I can see what you're trying to set up but I'm not into sequencing stuff live. And you try finding keyboard players that wanna do original music in Brum... lol :D

Still fair play for setting this up, hope you can pull it off man
No worries, let me know if you come across anyone who might be game and good luck with your band too.
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Addict

I'm banned from running club nights. Last time despite a string of increasingly successful night I jumped to far and booked quite an expensive live act. Sod's law that night had the lowest turnout, same week we moved house. Had to use the money we had saved for new furniture and decorating to pay the band
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search