The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking to expend my mixing reel
Old 22nd November 2015
Lives for gear

Looking to expend my mixing reel

Hi guys.
Been a long time since i have posted on gearslutz.
Glad to see the community is still well and alive.

I am looking to expend my mixing reel by adding electronic music to it.
My self i make chillout-downtempo-deephouse type of music as well as hiphop.

I would like to get my hands on some more chillout, downtempo and EDM stuff.
I will prioritized music with vocals but i won't overlook and great song if it has very little or no vocals.

Here's my soundcloud page to give you a preview of some of the stuff i have done so far.

https://soundcloud.com/alixcooper

Mixes for my mixing reel will be free of charge but i will use them on my social medias to expend my client base.

If you have questions please fire them away.

Looking forward to work with some of y'all
Old 23rd November 2015
Lives for gear

Ok so it might help people to come forward if i talk about my journey as a sound engineer a bit.

I graduated from Trebas institut in Montreal, Canada back in 2005 in sound design and recording techniques.

Always been very interested by mixing. Use to have steady costumers back when i was really into hiphop ( used to rap and make beats ) but around 2011 i got tired of working with the underground hiphop crowd and i moved to electronic music. When the movie Drive came out it had a big impact on me. Kinda why i switch from hiphop to electro. Was briefly into retro ( synthwave ) music before i started getting into house and deephouse. I just started to work with hiphop again. That's why there's mostly hiphop on my soundcloud page.

I have a well treated room. I use 3 sets of speaker ( yamaha hs50, B&W hifi speaker ), a set of minimus 7 ( your grandma's kitchen speaker ) and a set of headphones ( Beyerdynamic dt880pro ) I mix in Reaper and like most of you guys i have a **** load of plugins. I work 100% ITB except when i create music i work with the EMX-1 quite a lot and i play some bass. ( yamaha bb424x )

Anyhow.

Hope this little description will help the undecided. I'm an easy guy to work with and i'm very driven.
Old 1st February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxi View Post
Hi guys.
Been a long time since i have posted on gearslutz.
Glad to see the community is still well and alive.

I am looking to expand my mixing reel by adding electronic music to it.
My self, I make chillout-downtempo-deephouse type of music as well as hiphop.

I would like to get my hands on some more chillout, downtempo and EDM stuff.
I will prioritize music with vocals but i won't overlook a great song if it has very little or no vocals.

Here's my soundcloud page to give you a preview of some of the stuff I have done so far.

https://soundcloud.com/alixcooper

Mixes for my mixing reel will be free of charge but I will use them on my social medias to expand my client base.

If you have questions please fire away.

Looking forward to work with some of y'all
Hello Good Sir

I edited your quoted post. I am guessing that French is your first language as you are from Quebec. I can't help you with French what-so-ever but I can help with English! The word expend means something different. I think you want to expand your demo reel.

Best of luck. Montreal is a great, vibrant city!

regards
Old 1st February 2016
Lives for gear

Thank you
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search