The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Novatron by Kush - The Sweetest ITB Compressor... period

Im going to demo Novatron, but I've found i don't use UBK-1 anymore for the same reason...ive found its too coloured and distorted for electronic music most of the time.

View Post

Novatron by Kush - The Sweetest ITB Compressor... period

...the Stress does the same 'hard smack' the Deflector does, it's still a color I need in my arsenal! But yeah, Novatron covers about 75% of what I need any compressor to do. Awesome! I think that 'organized' sound might have to do with the character of the Releases, I spent a lot of time...

View Post

Why are UAD Plugins sounding that much better? A serious question

...just as many plugins from Kush, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, PSP etc.. that sound just as good. Since I got Kush Novatron and UBK-1 I haven’t really used the UAD LA2A much, and bx_opto also beats it out once in a while. Soundtoys Little Plate, Kush Goldplate and Avid Space have replaced UAD EMT140. But...

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

Novatron is an analog-modeled compressor that borrows so many sonic properties from so many different classing hardware units that, ironically, it could only exist in the world of DSP. With separate in/out Transformer Saturation, two optional Tone Circuits, and a monstrous compressor with groundbreaking attack and release characteristics, the Novatron produces the same three-dimensional 'solidity' and tone typically reserved for expensive hardware.