The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Novatron is an analog-modeled compressor that borrows so many sonic properties from so many different classing hardware units that, ironically, it could only exist in the world of DSP. With separate in/out Transformer Saturation, two optional Tone Circuits, and a monstrous compressor with groundbreaking attack and release characteristics, the Novatron produces the same three-dimensional 'solidity' and tone typically reserved for expensive hardware.

Discussions

Novatron by Kush - The Sweetest ITB Compressor... period

It's based purely on my ears and what I wanted to hear from them both, not as individual coloration tools so much as *cumulative* ones. It was the first time I'd specifically tuned distortions based not only on how they sounded on their own, but how they interacted and combined. I consider it a successful...

View Post

Novatron by Kush - The Sweetest ITB Compressor... period

Thanks for the great feedback, and I see what you're saying, the Sat sliders can be hard to read precisely when set in their lower range. I'm also inclined to agree that optional numeric readouts on all controls would be a nice enhancement for this plugin, so bearing in mind that these things always take a...

View Post

Kush UBK-1: second look

I have all the Kush plugins. I do love Novatron, but I might use UBK-1 more than it. I find I can dial it in very quickly, because it’s pretty big and bold and there aren’t as many things to tweak as on Novatron. It’s so killer on bass and drum bus. Setting it...

View Post

Video Guides