The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Korg MS-20 is a patchable semi-modular monophonic analog synthesizer which Korg released in 1978 and which was in production until 1983. It was part of Korg's MS series of instruments, which also included the single oscillator MS-10, the keyboardless MS-50 module, the SQ-10 sequencer, and the VC-10 Vocoder. Additional devices included the MS-01 Foot Controller, MS-02 Interface, MS-03 Signal Processor, and MS-04 Modulation Pedal. Although the MS-20 follows a conventional subtractive synthesis architecture of oscillators/filter/vca, its patch panel allows some rerouting of both audio and modulation, and it includes an external signal processor. This flexibility led to its resurgence during the analog revival of the late 1990s. In 2013, Korg responded to a revived interest in monophonic analog synthesizers by reintroducing the MS-20 in a reduced-sized form, as the MS-20 Mini. Apart from being 86% of the size of the original, the use of 1/8" jacks on the patch area, and the addition of MIDI capabilities, the MS-20 Mini is otherwise electronically identical to the original.

Discussions

Behringer Neutron! Semi modular

To be fair me as well but I am suprised for this.high octave squelches they sound like ms 10 ms20 a bit.For the price no brainer another great aspect even Nick Batt mentioned its the low mid upper mid clarity of bass of this synth.It doesn't require any processing to sit right in...

View Post

Moog One - old HUGE thread

...did this with Tetsu Inoue. Can't remember the date...too many records since then...thinking 92. All analog. Jupiter 8, Sh-101, Ms-20, Juno 106, Elecro-harmonix 16 sec delay with an ebow on the guitar, Pro one, MPC 60 for drums, MC-202, D-50, korg 01wfd, 909, SQ-10 for some sequencing along with the Doepfer sequencer. Recorded...

View Post

Can you get the MS20 mini to play the lowest note from a midi source?

I'm fairly new to the synth world, and I'm looking into getting an ms20 mini to learn how to use modular synths properly, and I was curious if you could get it to play the lowest note from a midi keyboard, say for example if you had that keyboard plugged into the ms20 mini,...

View Post

Video Guides