The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Depeche Mode early 80's Setup?

...Rock" (Keyboard Magazine 1982) the following equipments were listed: ARP2600, Moog Source, Roland Promars, Roland SH-1, Roland MC-4(early digital sequencer), Korg KR55 ( preset drum machine) Roland TR808 (programmable drum machine)

View Post

Roland JP-08 Re-creates entire Depeche Mode Album

...JP-08 patches. I must've missed your questions about the drum sounds. Sorry about that. The snare sound is indeed from the KR-55. I also used the hi hats from that drum machine on a couple of tracks too. The kick drum i'm not so sure. It was made many years ago using either Arturia's 2600 vst,...

View Post

New Korg Volca. What will it be?

The silly thing is, Korg has what I consider a pretty excellent analog snare in the old KR-55 drum machine. If they released a MIDI-controllable analog drum machine with the exact KR-55 voice circuits in any format, I'd be all over it. Gravy if they made some of the voice parameters tune-able. https://youtu.be/Mwgo7q2lOjs

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

The KR55 was, for its time (1979), an advanced preset rhythm drum machine with up to 96 preset rhythm patterns! These patterns cover the whole gamut of presets (Waltz, Samba, Rhumba, Bossa Nova, Tango, Slow Rock, Swing, Rock, etc.). The KR55 also featured a "swing beat" control to add a variation to the groove. Each drum sound's level can be individually adjusted for each pattern. It can also be externally controlled via footswitch jack for the Start/Stop and Intro/Fill switches. The KR55B was a black-chassis version released a few years later in 1982 with twice as many rhythm patterns.