The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Korg DW-8000 synthesizer was released to the buying public in late 1985 along with the cheaper model Korg DW-6000 synthesizer. The DW-8000 was an eight note polyphonic hybrid digital-analog synthesizer instrument. By the time of its launch Korg had already begun a common trend in 80s synthesizer design of using numerical parameter access as with the Korg Poly-800 eschewing the heavily laden control panels of earlier designs. A more unusual feature of the instrument for the time was the use of single-cycle digital waveforms as the basic building block of sounds, and the inclusion of a digital delay effect. This latter feature was one significant factor in the relative success of the DW-8000 compared to the DW-6000 released the same year.

Discussions

Post Your Synth History

... Hammond organ Korg DSS-1 Korg DW-8000 Korg Karma Korg M1 Korg MS-20 Korg Trinity Korg Triton ...

View Post

Korg DW8000 in 2017?

I've had mine since they first came out…many synths have come and gone from the harem but the DW8000 will remain. It's lush and big but it has this perfect EQ curve to the overall sound that makes it sit so well in every mix. And nothing else sounds like it (...

View Post

Korg DW-8000 or Roland JX-10

Agree with everything you guys have said on the JX10 sound and the Vecoven amazing upgrades. I have every single one including display, memory and the huge memory cartridges.....and now want my original JX10 back. Have the Kiwi PE and it only works with my Juno now. Had it all hooked up...

View Post

Video Guides