The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

In the mid-1950s, the orchestral musician Hans Bauer began producing a four-channel mixing amplifier for instruments and vocals at Klemt. Arthur Klemt had originally founded the company in the 1930s in Olching near Munich under the name "Radio Klemt". Sales, repair and maintenance of radio and later TV sets allowed for supranational growth with branches in Bremen and Hamburg. The devices, initially still in small numbers, were manufactured by hand at Klemt. Since 1959, Echolette was the trade mark for all amplifiers and effects devices from this house. All brand rights to the name Echolette were with Hans Bauer, who successfully sold the Klemt products through his own company "Echolette-Vertrieb", based in Munich. The model range also expanded rapidly around the NG series band echo and reverb units, loudspeakers, bass amplifiers, instrumental boxes and microphones. The microphones were purchased from AKG Acoustics and Sennheiser manufactured and provided by Bauer with the brand names Echolette. Also the loudspeakers were not manufactured by Echolette, but by the Berlin company Isophon . In 1969, Echolette was purchased by the company Dynacord , in which Bauer again acquired shares. Since then, the name Klemt has disappeared from the Echolette logo. In the 1970s, devices were first introduced to the market under the name of Dynacord . Until 1981, all newly manufactured devices were only produced under the brand name Dynacord.

Discussions

tape echos

...head and dual speed. Original equipped with five Telefunken ECC83 and one ECC82, sounds quite good, but the Klemt Echolette NG51 and NG51S have the same mechanical set up but with better electronics and no reverb spring. You can get nice tape modulation, saturation and if driven hard frequency controlled delay distortion, overall...

View Post

tape echos

...onto this old thread and see whether anyone can tell me what Nortronics heads I need for my 1962 Klemt Echolette NG51. I see them on eBay and I want 3 record heads and the 2 playback heads to ressurect this very cool old machine. Hope you can help me out with some details that...

View Post

Stereo Spring Reverb, Tape Echo, what analog FX are worth the dough.

Spring reverb and tape echo are my two must-have things. Klemt Echolette NG51 and a tube spring reverb unit from Analogue Addicts UK. With tape echoes you have to be very careful buying them, you can’t just take them to any amp/electronics tech. Once overhauled by an expert they do not require much maintenance but will...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?