The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

MJUC is the most effortful plugin to date. It took almost two years of extensive, dare I say "excessive", research and development. To create MJUC I've researched and analyzed each and every variable-mu* implementation I could get my hands on to get the best of tube compression into a single processor. In order to do the diversity of this compression topology justice, three different models have been built. These are kind of a time travel though the history of tube compression to capture the essence of each generation. Each model has its own dedicated signal path and dedicated control set. If desired you can tweak the overall tone and saturation of each model with the unique TIMBRE and the DRIVE control. DRIVE controls the load of the input and output transformers as the saturation of the tube gain stages, if applicable. The TIMBRE extends MJUC's use as a tone shaping device.

Discussions

Mastering the legowelt way

...mixer, recorder, effects unit with FX dry just for the sake of its dusty amps. Jimi elektrovolt uses Protools with Klanghelm MJUC Fabfilter pro-q equalizer, Faraday limiter, Audified u73 compressor and lots more. I like his style he tries to adress and amplify the general atmosphere instead of pumping everything to oblivion. I try...

View Post

Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-25A Vintage Vari-Mu Leveler

Not in the studio for almost a week, so I can't demo. What do you guys say to this one in comparison to MJUC (which should be the all time fave ITB Mu)?

View Post

What are three plugins you bought that didn't live up to the hype/what you expected?

I haven't read through any of the thread yet, but.... the first two I am familiar with... they are deep. And I'm guilty of not digging into them enough yet, either. But I loved H-Reverb at first, found others quickly that were more instantly gratifying. However a friend that is 40+ yrs...

View Post

Video Guides