The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The KERWAX Replica is a 2-channel excerpt of the 24-channel custom tube mixer installed at KERWAX recording studio, a unique mixing desk conceived in the pure tradition of historical studios to meet the requirements of in-house sound engineers and producers. Its 2 independant channels are ideal for stem or individual instrument processing. The Kerwax Replica creates a wide variety of tube harmonic distortion characteristics, from gentle enhancement to smashing blast, with an easy tweaking combination of gain drive and output volume stages, bias adjustment and EQ knobs. It is the ideal companion as an insert or a front-end unit for processing and warming up your stems or mix.

Discussions

Just had King of Tape here with Kerwax Replica

...The Masters tape. Besides him bringin me some 1/2" SM900 goodies, the real news is that he dropped off the Kerwax Replica here. It is a French vacuum tube processor for mastering use. I will be running a goodly amount of program material through it this week. Even as Don and I experimented yesterday, the unit...

View Post

Just had King of Tape here with Kerwax Replica

The Kerwax Replica is most useful as a compressor and a special kind of compressor at that. A "bottom-up" compressor where low level detail is raised while less compression is offered to the rest of the standard level program. It is a tube level booster. It can widen your stereo picture. Tube EQ can be...

View Post

Kerwax Replica

I have used the Kerwax Replica extensively and for many weeks. It was provided to me by Don Morris, the RMGI "King of Tape." It is a very interesting and useful box which acts as a compressor, thickener, dense-ifier, and distortion box all in one. I liked using it and can tell you that is...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?