The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Description

In 1994 the first Joemeek stereo compressors were introduced to a few discerning producers and studios in London and New York. They were an immediate success and quickly became standard equipment for getting 'alive' sounds on individual instruments; particularly drums, and over the whole mix. Since 1994 a digital revolution has taken place and now, whether admitted or not, most commercial sound is recorded and processed on hard disks and in computers. But there's one area where a digital solution cannot be found; and that's in the subtle areas of effects compression, and that's where the Joemeek compressor reigns supreme. The new SC4 brings the Joemeek compressor fully up to date with the addition of a super quality yet flexible digital interface, and the introduction of some new features to make working in the digital domain even easier. In the Joemeek studio, we have been experimenting with 'sum and difference' (or 'MS') recording and processing; this is a technique where a stereo signal is changed to sum and difference, the 'sum' representing the loudness, and the 'difference' representing the stereo image information. Applying this to compression, we found that it significantly improved the stereo imaging and completely eliminated any image shift problems that sometimes occur with all types of stereo compressor. A by-product of the revolutionary MS matrix coding and decoding used in the SC4 is the ability to use it as a coder/decoder, and to access the stereo audio in 'Middle and side' mode; a function of increasing importance in sound production using special effects

Discussions

Anyone got any opinions on the Joe Meek VC5?

...bad thing. I can use it on guits, basses, claves, dirty snare, dirty organ but not much else. I also have the SC4 DAD which is way kool but still has that 'Joe Meek' sound. HTH {'-'}

View Post

Anyone got any opinions on the Joe Meek VC5?

...a bit off topic here, but I recently got a JOEMEEK SC 2.2 v3 compressor and it is fantastic. I have other good comps (Overstayer, Symetrix, RNC, etc.) but, this green machine has an amazing mojo that really worked for my jazz quintet recordings....who knew? I would not trade it for anything....heh

View Post

Best piece of gear you ever sold?

Sold: Juno 106 (biggest regrets, but I felt that oscillators could start to malfunction) SH-101 (probably a mistake) Joemeek Sc4 DAD (regrets) JD800 (replaced with jd990, still not the same experience) Reason 6 (never looked back) Genelec 8050: probably a mistake

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?